Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Very confusing logic game...any others like it?  (Read 625 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Very confusing logic game...any others like it?
« on: May 14, 2006, 02:11:39 AM »
Game 4 on PrepTest 34 (June 2001) is ridiculously misleading-- 1 of the conditions is that if L is at Souderton, then both N and P are at Randsborough, yet 2 other conditions make it clear that N and P CANNOT be at Randsborough at the same time.  Essentially, these conditions contradict each other.

Are any other logic games this confusing (with misleading and contradictory questions)???
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Very confusing logic game...any others like it?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 04:10:55 AM »
Yeah, I got question 23 wrong because I took the first clue (if L is at S, then N & P is at R) at face value.  Now, I'm a little paranoid.  If we're going to have to check the validity of each clue in all of these conditional statement games, it's going to be a lot of extra work and time.  :-[
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

HeatherG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 07:47:24 PM »
Game 4 on PrepTest 34 (June 2001) is ridiculously misleading-- 1 of the conditions is that if L is at Souderton, then both N and P are at Randsborough, yet 2 other conditions make it clear that N and P CANNOT be at Randsborough at the same time.  Essentially, these conditions contradict each other.

Are any other logic games this confusing (with misleading and contradictory questions)???
The game is not contradictory. Theres's just a deduction to be made there. Formal Logic statements represent definite relationships in conditional circumstances.
Heather G
-- Go ahead, ask... --

squirt10

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:20:14 PM »
I haven't seen any other games with conditions that cancel each other out in this way.  I was surprised and thrown off; I read and reread the rules a couple of times to make sure I wasn't making a mistake.