Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: House lovers unite!  (Read 340 times)

WarrenG

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me
    • MSN Messenger - WarrenG24@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
House lovers unite!
« on: May 13, 2006, 12:53:38 PM »
Probably my favorite show on TV right now (though 24 is close).  I gotta ask, what the hell happened to Foreman?  Did I miss an episode or did he just spontaneously get better?
"That which we believe to be real becomes real in it's consequences."

Slow Blues

Re: House lovers unite!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 01:30:16 PM »
Instead of "House", they should call it "Salty M.D." The show appears to consist entirely of him making biting witty remarks. 24 and The Unit pwn House. ;D

Ever

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 01:35:33 PM »
Instead of "House", they should call it "Salty M.D." The show appears to consist entirely of him making biting witty remarks. 24 and The Unit pwn House. ;D

Hoora! Jack Bauer Power Hour!

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 02:17:28 PM »
It is a great show, although I'm not sure how long they can really make it.  The seizures get boring after a while, and you can usually tell whether they've solved the problem yet based on what time it is.

Whatever, I love the characters.

Actually House is fab.  And Hugh Laurie is really British!  A brit doing a stunningly witty American accent PWNS Kefier Sutherland's overacting ass anyday.

And to the OP-yes, you did miss an episode, it was a two parter and the second part was the next day.

Basically the cop died, they couldn't figure it out, Foreman signed over his power of attorney to the chick doctor and apologized, but they still couldn't figure out what was wrong.  The CDC took the cop's body, so House couldn't do an autopsy.  So, House released a rat in the cop's apartment, hoping that the rat would get sick and that then he could kill the rat and do an autopsy to see what killed Foreman. But the rat didn't get sick.  Finally the chick doctor says that she wants to do a white matter brain biopsy of foreman's brain to find out what is causing it, but that has a high likelihood of killing him and/or paralizing him for life.  So, House says to wait he will go back to the house one more time.  SO he does, where he discovers that the cop was stealing water from the roof to water his marijuana and that water had some deadly strain of bacteria in it.   Of course, by that time the chick doctor had already done the brain biopsy and found that out and shortly after the CDC called back with the autopsy reports and confirmed it.  So they start Foreman on medicine, he wakes up, appears to have survived the brain biopsy without any side effects, but then at the end of the episode we see that he can't move the toes on his left foot.

And there's your update ;D

They seemed to breeze past the toes problem, though.  And actually I thought he was cross-wired, raised the wrong arm when asked.

But in this week's episode he was walking around like normal.  Had memory problems and couldn't remember how to (or read directions to?) make coffee or something.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2006, 02:18:15 PM »
Oh, also, I almost didn't read this thread because I thought it was for homeowners or something.  Whoops.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

IvanTrbl

• Sr. Citizen
  • ouch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 02:24:43 PM »
Oh, also, I almost didn't read this thread because I thought it was for homeowners or something.  Whoops.

I thought it was for fans of house-techno music.  That would be awful.
"I spent lots of money on birds, booze, and fast cars.  The rest I squandered." - George Best!

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 04:28:03 PM »
I'm here. ;D

It's kinda weird, though.  Me?  Liking a show that doesn't get within an eyelash of cancellation during its first season? What, did Jack Frost buy a vacation home in hell?
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

Ever

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 05:00:32 PM »
Actually House is fab.  And Hugh Laurie is really British!  A brit doing a stunningly witty American accent PWNS Kefier Sutherland's overacting ass anyday.

Do not insult the Bauer! >:( >:( >:( >:(

The Dread Pirate Roberts

• Sr. Citizen
  • Back to my non-secret secret identity...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 05:13:12 PM »
Heee.  I'm so excited, I have the end of the first and the whole second season to date ahead of me (I <3 obsessively television recording friends with good taste).

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 05:21:32 PM »
Heee.  I'm so excited, I have the end of the first and the whole second season to date ahead of me (I <3 obsessively television recording friends with good taste).

Lucky. ;D

Real conversation last night:

Me: Wait a minute, you've never seen Firefly?!

A.: Er, what's that?

Me: You do realize that saying that to someone as obsessed with good, obscure t.v. shows like that is like telling a Southern Baptist you don't know who Jesus is.

No wonder why my ex's parents and I got along. :-\
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.