Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Enough AA!  (Read 2565 times)

finally

Enough AA!
« on: May 13, 2006, 10:14:43 AM »
I think we should reduce the AA board.  I just don't think people could express their opinions without  being offensive.  I'm all for "free speech" but we don't want to ailenate some people.     Maybe have a limit on how many threads could be posted.  And set some ground rules for discussion. 

HK

• Sr. Citizen
  • One country, Two Systems...
    • AOL Instant Messenger - ZacharyJL
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Enough AA!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 05:28:02 AM »
I think we should reduce the AA board.  I just don't think people could express their opinions without  being offensive.  I'm all for "free speech" but we don't want to ailenate some people.     Maybe have a limit on how many threads could be posted.  And set some ground rules for discussion. 

Those that are truly offended by threads on the AA board can simply ignore them.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 05:24:19 PM »
what's an afiran american?  :D
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

finally

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 05:42:04 PM »

Er, it was a typo  :-\.   I'll go back and modify it so u can look dumb.    :-X
Smooches  :-*

To reiterate: True, but I think that is interesting that there are quite so many threads.  I think the board is also in the wrong place.  It should not be in a place close to that of the African American discussion board as if the boards were equal.  I find it disturbing that it is given an equal space.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 05:44:19 PM »

Er, it was a typo  :-\.   I'll go back and modify it so u can look dumb.    :-X
Smooches  :-*

nope.
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

finally

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 05:46:43 PM »
So determined not to have another hijacked thread so,

To reiterate: True, but I think that is interesting that there are quite so many threads.  I think the board is also in the wrong place.  It should not be in a place close to that of the African American discussion board as if the boards were equal.  I find it disturbing that it is given an equal space.   

finally

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 07:59:07 PM »
So determined not to have another hijacked thread so,

To reiterate: True, but I think that is interesting that there are quite so many threads. I think the board is also in the wrong place. It should not be in a place close to that of the African American discussion board as if the boards were equal. I find it disturbing that it is given an equal space.

Then request it be moved to the slot below the General board.

Thanks that's actually a really good idea

finally

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2006, 08:35:29 PM »
You actually raise a valid point. It is a little ill-advised to put the discussion of whether AA is appropriate next to a black student discussion forum. But the forum exists for valid reasons.

Thanks. But some of them just seem like they fo off on a tangent- the same tangent!   So I just don't get why its so huge.  People both for and against keep making the same arguments over and over again.  I want to hear something new, from either side, at least.   

finally

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2006, 08:45:49 PM »
ok, i get it. 

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2006, 07:12:21 AM »
Just because you're offended isn't good enough reason.

Anything else?

Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.