Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Do you think an entire board devoted to AA is a good idea or a bad idea?

Good idea
Bad idea
Neutral

Author Topic: AA Board: Good or Bad?  (Read 10288 times)

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
Re: AA Board: Good or Bad?
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2006, 11:53:21 AM »
I just reread my first post in this thread and I want to make it clear that the "really mean things" I was referring to weren't in this thread. I wasn't trying to call out anyone who has posted here and I hope no one took offense :)

who could be offended by a koala?
Law is surprisingly false tolerant.

© 2004-2012, Thou

finally

« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2006, 11:56:12 AM »
I just reread my first post in this thread and I want to make it clear that the "really mean things" I was referring to weren't in this thread. I wasn't trying to call out anyone who has posted here and I hope no one took offense :)

Don't worry about it, sweetie.  :) I think people knew what you meant. We've all read some of the "mean things" that were only meant to anger people; not posted for an intellectual discussion.  Plus, with such a controversial topic some people are bound to get offended on both sides of the debate.

John Galt

« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2006, 01:42:10 PM »
Good

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2006, 02:14:04 PM »
Good

Why?  Iím not being argumentative.  I have a genuine curiosity.  :)
Law is surprisingly false tolerant.

© 2004-2012, Thou

BrerAnansi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Thread Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2006, 02:49:49 PM »
Repost just to clarify my stance.  I was hoping to delete my way out of this inane thread but oh well....

1.  it is amazing how intelligent and semi-intelligent law school potentials still are caught up in using race as a category to label people...

race is an archaic and vague term and in many cases is used to support arguments which fall under demand for specifics or examples.

...race is a cognitive delusion of our era...

2.  give up the aa arguments...it is here...get used to it. ;)

This isn't flame.  FWIW the only thing more simplistic than asserting that race does exist is asserting it does not.

as a label to categorize or box people it is a cognitive delusion...give me a definition of race with examples please to explain if possible...aye find it implausible in the modern age.

Deleted comment 1: http://raceandgenomics.ssrc.org/Leroi/  Start with that article and work your way down the list of articles on the side.  You'll notice I didn't give an opinion one way or the other, except merely to state that the opinion you are attacking is just as simplistic as the one you hold.

Deleted comment 2: So you select the article that falls in line with your way of thinking and quote it. Intellectual honesty at its best.  I'm sorry I wasted my time with you.  Carry on.  ;D

In summary: I got tired of you editing your previous post and misquoting me to try to make yourself look good.  This board is, from what I gathered, supposed to be about an exchange of ideas.  I see now I was wrong;  I'm supposed to discount the fact that the experts are in disagreement over an issue made complex not only by the science of it, but also by its political history, and instead accept your opinion at face value.  In your conception of the world this isn't a discussion board, it's a pissing contest.   
Grrr...

Quote from: 1LCorvo
If there aren't any arguments against my claims, then I'll depart gracefully. Feel free to continue the concordant attack on my character, it's funny.

Quote from: Saxibbles
Hugs,
Look to the f-ing left.

redemption

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2006, 02:59:21 PM »
BrerAnansi trying to have a discussion with bluecoward? lol. Not possible. Don't blame you fr wanting to delete your way out.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2006, 11:17:53 PM »
Repost just to clarify my stance.  I was hoping to delete my way out of this inane thread but oh well....
1.  it is amazing how intelligent and semi-intelligent law school potentials still are caught up in using race as a category to label people...

race is an archaic and vague term and in many cases is used to support arguments which fall under demand for specifics or examples.

...race is a cognitive delusion of our era...

2.  give up the aa arguments...it is here...get used to it. ;)

This isn't flame.  FWIW the only thing more simplistic than asserting that race does exist is asserting it does not.

as a label to categorize or box people it is a cognitive delusion...give me a definition of race with examples please to explain if possible...aye find it implausible in the modern age.

Deleted comment 1: http://raceandgenomics.ssrc.org/Leroi/  Start with that article and work your way down the list of articles on the side.  You'll notice I didn't give an opinion one way or the other, except merely to state that the opinion you are attacking is just as simplistic as the one you hold.

Deleted comment 2: So you select the article that falls in line with your way of thinking and quote it. Intellectual honesty at its best.  I'm sorry I wasted my time with you.  Carry on.  ;D

In summary: I got tired of you editing your previous post and misquoting me to try to make yourself look good.  This board is, from what I gathered, supposed to be about an exchange of ideas.  I see now I was wrong;  I'm supposed to discount the fact that the experts are in disagreement over an issue made complex not only by the science of it, but also by its political history, and instead accept your opinion at face value.  In your conception of the world this isn't a discussion board, it's a pissing contest.   

this is how aye feel about the ambiguous cognitive delusion of race...an inane thread...

misquoted you?

did aye even remark in any way that race does or does not exist?
delusions do exist...that is part of my point.

and for the record...you stooped to using a word like "dipshit" to express yourself...and aye thought you did not give an opinion one way or the other...aye was writing in reference to the article you posted and then deleted...

so don't get so upset...
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2006, 11:25:12 PM »
BrerAnansi trying to have a discussion with bluecoward? lol. Not possible. Don't blame you fr wanting to delete your way out.

well, we know you always do a bang-up job...py*wn...

you know you enjoy getting waylaid in the quixotic-sansnonsensical humor of our bombastic confabulations.

ImVinny!

• Sr. Citizen
  • What am I?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2006, 12:33:26 PM »
Well, to tell you the truth, my opinions about AA did change from the time I started posting to now. At first I was vehemently against ALL AA no matter what, but then I started reading about an idea of economic-based AA. That seems like it would better solve the problems that AA claims to be solving, at least to me. The people that made their arguments for that were coherent and logical. I am still against race-based AA because it just does not seem to help anything, but I think socio-economic based AA would be a better "band-aid."

So there are people that have changed, even if slightly. Personally I would like to get rid of ALL AA, but I know that that is a delusional dream, of course.But if we must have it, I would rather it be based on the poverty line than the color of someone's skin.

If people would focus more on fixing the problems with education, eg elementary school etc, we might be able to get rid of AA, but I digress.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2006, 01:44:42 AM »

well, we know you always do a bang-up job...py*wn...

you know you enjoy getting waylaid in the quixotic-sansnonsensical humor of our bombastic confabulations.

and aye still put periods on the end of other's sentences... :D :D :D how rich and lovely is it.  ;)