;

Author Topic: Edit  (Read 9384 times)

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Can we get a political subsection?
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 03:09:52 PM »
I thought the picture selection was solid.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 03:50:13 PM »
Who wants a subsection, for what?  Explain.

Hey dunson.  googler wants one 'cause his "arguments" get shredded when he doesn't have a separate sandbox to play in.
Work, and a PT online MLIS.  Reapply down the line.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=ibroadrunr

claudius the ogre

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 03:59:22 PM »

Hey dunson.  googler wants one 'cause his "arguments" get shredded when he doesn't have a separate sandbox to play in.

Sandboxes are better when there is only one shovel.  That way only one kid can be king, but if he is a multinational corporation's CEO's son, said tot will make the other kids work for him while convincing them that they are enjoying using the shovel.

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 07:35:29 PM »

Anyway, I think it would be nice to not have to clutter the general off-topic board with political threads. 

Ah, I'm PMSing and jumpy.  :-[  You want a subsection for politics in general, not subsections for different political parties?

philibusters

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 08:17:09 PM »

No one has shredded a single argument of mine.  Posting the latest round of crap you heard on NPR doesn't qualify as "winning an argument."

Anyway, I think it would be nice to not have to clutter the general off-topic board with political threads. 

I am trying to remember if I have ever had an argument of my shredded on here, and I can't remember.  Nor for that matter can I ever remember shredding somebodies elses argument.  Its hard to shred somebodies argument because they can't be half right and half wrong and you point them in the right direction or vice versa, one of you has to be totally wrong.
2008 graduate of William and Mary Law School

ibroadrunr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2006, 08:17:44 PM »
Fair 'nough.

And apologies.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 08:29:34 PM »

No one has shredded a single argument of mine.  Posting the latest round of crap you heard on NPR doesn't qualify as "winning an argument."

I agree. Especially considering how many political threads some people start.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 08:32:43 PM »

You may want to reconsider your decision to go to law school if you don't like discussing politics, as I suspect that law students tend to be more politically minded than the average person. 

She's already IN law school doofus!
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 08:34:36 PM »

You may want to reconsider your decision to go to law school if you don't like disgusting politics, as I suspect that law students tend to be more simple minded than the average person. 

I am almost done with 1L, but I appreciate your concern.  I don't mind talking politics.  I mind people who are brazen an obnoxious and blame everything they hate on "liberal lunacy."
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 08:41:19 PM »

You may want to reconsider your decision to go to law school if you don't like disgusting politics, as I suspect that law students tend to be more simple minded than the average person. 

I am almost done with 1L, but I appreciate your concern.  I don't mind talking politics.  I mind people who are brazen an obnoxious and blame everything they hate on "liberal lunacy."

But the who blame everything THEY hate on mean spirited conservative wackos are cool?
I don't see that happening much. Most liberals don't blame all conservatives for the world's problems. Just a precious few.

-TMcGraw