Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What the *bleep* is going on with Case?  (Read 617 times)

Joey Potter

• View Profile
What the *bleep* is going on with Case?
« on: May 12, 2006, 11:04:45 AM »
They told us deferred students that we would find out by the end of April.   It's May 12th!  And they are still sending out invitations to apply (sent to people with really high lSAT scores).  I know that a handful of students got off the waitlist, but they really, really need to give the rest of the students some kind of answer.  Even if it's another letter saying that now we are officially on the waitlist and no longer deferred. 

I just can't believe how rude they are.  I was seriously thinking about going there if they pull me off the deferred students list, but I don't know anymore.  The thing tat kills me is that in the letter they didn't have to say exactly when they would let us know, but now they are just big fat liars.  ;D  Ok, I feel better now.

*shell*

• Sr. Citizen
  • FSU...@#!* *&^% up
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shellrae007
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What the *bleep* is going on with Case?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 11:38:35 AM »
ditto...ive called them a few times.  they said we'd hear at the end of april, so i called may 1...then they said a few more days, so i called may 6, then they said 10 days, so im waiting till the 16th to call again...wtf tho, just make a f-ing decision!
FSU Law Class of 2009!!!

mayorofarlington

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 11:47:04 AM »
yeah i'm in the same boat too - nearly forgot about them...that's not courteous to do what they're doing...

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 07:20:06 PM »
I agree totally with the frustration, this isn't deferral, it is waitlisting with the option for rejection at any time! I wrote an email regarding when I'd hear, my letter said April too. I wrote it Monday (may 8?) and they said I'd hear by the end of the week. What is their problem with just making a decision? LSN indicates they've only rejected 5 people of all those applied on that site.
It comes to this: Cleveland Marshall, Lewis & Clark
Waitlisted: Case

rajkp

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:03:03 PM »
I applied right before Christmas and got accepted in January, so I'm not sure what the deal is for Case. At least three of the schools I applied to have been slower than usual getting back to applicants (though for me, at this point only one is still dragging its feet).

I'm guessing that a bunch of schools, including Case, miscalcuated their yields this year.

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 10:57:23 PM »
I went to undergrad at Case and honestly, I think that what you are seeing is a reaction to their slip this year in the ratings. It seems that the law school has always been dwarfed by the amazing medical and business programs at Case and for that reason seems to have this weird chip on its shoulder. Call me crazy, but I'm stickin' to my story.

I do think they are diving for high LSATS at this point. I applied late January and was accepted by the end of Feb--I'm sure it was b/c my LSAT was high for them (165). However, they didnt' throw money at me and without it I wasn't interested. Their admissions staff isn't always the most organized; I phoned twice and both times they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about, couldn't take a message and couldnt' get the right person to respond.

For those of you with lower LSATS (and I'm not saying low, i just mean lower than Case's top 25 percentile) you will probably be in for a long wait. It sucks--they are definitely holding you in the hopper for their benefit and that's really unfair.

Best of luck to all of you; keep calling and be persistent!

nocents

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2006, 05:17:51 PM »
I applied in late January and was accepted a few weeks later with 9k/year. My numbers aren't that great (160/3.52(, but I ended up at a mid-t1 school (not an URM, the school just said they loved my PS). I withdrew a few weeks ago and haven't heard back from Case about that; they've also been extremely slow in responding to emails I've sent with questions about their program. Their slowness was one of the reasons I withdrew, though I liked their program a lot.

orky13

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legally Blonde
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 11:51:05 PM »
I finally got waitlisted, which is something... funny that before I said
this isn't deferral, it is waitlisting with the option for rejection at any time!
Turns out at least in my case, I was right on!
It comes to this: Cleveland Marshall, Lewis & Clark
Waitlisted: Case