Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Another LSAT study plan Q...  (Read 385 times)

amygem

• View Profile
Another LSAT study plan Q...
« on: May 11, 2006, 10:18:24 PM »
I will be away for the summer, coming back in the middle of August. I am planning on studying on my own over the summer with practice test and powerscore books. For a couple of reasons, one being money, the other being I have an EC I can't miss on Mondays and Thursdays, I am not planning on taking a course. Am I going to regret this? I know this is a ridiculous question...but I had to ask.

photo1283

• View Profile
    • LawSchoolNumbers profile...
    • Email
Re: Another LSAT study plan Q...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 10:22:14 PM »
No, studying on your own is perfectly fine. Starting early is good, you can get a feel for what areas need the most work. Practice tests are the most important study tool, and reading the explanations for the questions on those practice tests.

The biggest thing about studying on your own vs. with a class is that you have to be disciplined enough to actually study w/o any incentive of knowing what's going on in class, etc.

I teach a Kaplan course, but studied for my own test without a class, so have some perspective on both - if you want to talk more specifically about your study program send me a message sometime.

Best of luck.

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 10:52:22 PM »
You can perfectly well study on your own. You have the Powerscore books, get the NOVA book as well. There is no other information that you will get in a class that you won't get in those books. Make sure to take as many timed practice tests as possible during your preparation.

It helps to have a study partner to debrief the tests and to discuss the different questions.

Vera :)
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 11:09:29 PM »
studying on your own is much better.  When  u do group studying u got people asking dumb questions that confuse you. And whatever u do , do not take made up LSAT test questions.  They do more harm then good.