Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SMU Housing  (Read 529 times)

burr33

• View Profile
SMU Housing
« on: May 11, 2006, 08:51:44 PM »
Anyone started looking into housing and/or roommates?

Ever

Re: SMU Housing
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:49:56 PM »
Sent you a PM - will let you know more once I figure things out.

lawschool1000

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 07:51:57 PM »
Please let me know what you both find out.  I am working full time so I won't have much time to find a place out there.

Ever

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:10:48 PM »
Well if you just want an apartment your best/easiest bet is the Village Community near Greenville and Southwestern. It is a large multi complex community of young professionals and students (mostly grad student?). I think rent for a one bedroom is around $500. Right across I-75 from campus - just take University up to the law school parking garage.

http://www.thevillageapts.com/index_flash.shtml

burr33

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 09:33:01 PM »
The Village looks like a mixed bag.  In the housing guide they sent out, some students complained of rampant crime, others said there was no crime for 7 years.  I'm guessing all the buildings have completely separate facilities?

Ever

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 09:51:52 PM »
They do, but they are all owned by the same company (I think). I've never heard of high crime over there but if there was they just torn down what I think would be the problem areas and are currently building new buildings.

addietoby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »
I live in Dallas, and there is definitely some crime at the Village--I've had several friends have cars broken into. It's nothing bad enough to deter me from living there though. It seems almost everyone in Dallas has done a stint there at some point. There is an entire new area that seems really nice and the SMU shuttle comes to the complex if you don't want to drive to class.

Ever

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 12:48:29 AM »
I talked to a broker who works the condos along University and asked her about crime in the area. She says you will see you stolen stereos and some car theft but beyond that violent crime isn't any higher than in other parts of Dallas.

Take Park Ln east though and you’re asking for trouble…