Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

which would you get?

Nissan
Honda
Toyota

Author Topic: Nissan, Honda or Toyota...  (Read 3262 times)

M DOT

Re: Nissan, Honda or Toyota...
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 10:37:14 PM »
really pips? see im afraid of getting a late 90's model and having the transmition go or something fail that will make a huge dent in my non existent pockets....as for payments im looking for 200 with taxes and everything included a month and my insurance is being taken care of by my mom. its the carefree-ness of having a brand new car that makes leasing look so good, plus i know when i graduate ill be in dc or nyc and a car is a burden in both places

shae

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 11:09:35 PM »
get this; it has great gas mileage

http://www.hummer.com/

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 11:14:34 PM »
I think the comparable Nissan would be the Sentra.  For a compact, I'd go with the Civic.  Sweet little engine.  If you're moving into mid-size, I'd get an Accord...although the new Camrys look pretty good.

M DOT

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 11:29:52 PM »
sentra is comparable but as far as pricing goes the altima is the same monthly just an extra grand down, and for the room you get i think its worth it, although ill be in the library most of the time an occasional road trip is always necessary  ;D

M DOT

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 11:31:18 PM »
also, im gonna go to honda tomorrow i hear that the honda lx is close in price to the altima, if so then im sold until the vw ppl call me mid june and possibly make me an offer i cant refuse

greengrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2006, 11:42:17 PM »
sentra is comparable but as far as pricing goes the altima is the same monthly just an extra grand down, and for the room you get i think its worth it, although ill be in the library most of the time an occasional road trip is always necessary  ;D

just keep in mind that leases come with lots of fees upon turn in--if you go over miles, if there are any bumps and scratches etc...

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2006, 12:44:01 AM »
Most of those Japanese cars, especially under 100k miles, should not give you many problems at all.  Transmission easily lasts 150k.  I had a Camry that my parents gave me that I used for a lonnnng time, it lasted well over 150k and eventually needed the transmission fixed, but I never took care of it either and it was an '88.  I'm pretty sure that a Honda/Toyota from late 90's with low mileage is pretty damn safe.  You also have to think about the money saved over time, also the option of not buying full-coverage insurance (I don't know if this is so big for you, but as a young male, with a CLEAN record living in Los Angeles, I still pay close to $150/month for just liability).

Towlie

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 02:47:30 AM »
Really, as long as it's not American you are okay.

Officer Rod Farva

• Sr. Citizen
  • FARVA #1
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2006, 03:03:03 AM »
I've had 2 Hondas and swear by them. Such great vehicles. My 2 Toyotas were not so great. I've never had a Nissan, but I'm not crazy about their styling.

Toyota: Tacoma
Honda: Civic Si or Accord V6
Nissan: I dunno
LSD saved my life.

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2006, 03:04:52 AM »
jaguar