Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Denver anyone?  (Read 6645 times)

brijc7706

• View Profile
Re: Denver anyone?
« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2006, 10:30:34 PM »
What is this after hours "bar review" that everyone speaks of?  I have to admit I kind of feel like I haven't really had a chance to meet that many people so far....but those I have met have been great!

Anyways, info on the "bar review" would be much apperciated!  (was that what was on those random green fliers some people had today- I didn't actually get one but I saw some people carrying them around)
University of Denver
College of Law
Class of 2009

Camaro_Kyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2006, 10:54:25 PM »
I'm not going to Denver right now, but most likely go there next year (if I get dinged at CU),

Nice...thanks for letting us know we are your 2nd choice.  Way to make friends.   ;)

What can I say, I do what I can. still not sure, I'm kind of a rankings whore, but hopefully Denver will show me some love ($$). I can't really afford to take out a crapload of more loans, so that is a pretty big factor on where I go.

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2006, 11:41:23 AM »
What is this after hours "bar review" that everyone speaks of?  I have to admit I kind of feel like I haven't really had a chance to meet that many people so far....but those I have met have been great!

Anyways, info on the "bar review" would be much apperciated!  (was that what was on those random green fliers some people had today- I didn't actually get one but I saw some people carrying them around)

The "Bar Review" is at Max Gill and Grill on 1052 S. Gaylord St....about a 1 1/2 miles from the law school.  http://www.maxgillandgrill.com/  $2 beers and well drinks.  It starts at 10pm tonight.
3L @ University of Denver

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2006, 09:46:46 PM »

Maybe one of these days we can do lunch or something so we can all meet...or maybe it is better to be left a mystery!  ;)

I'm down for it.

I'm currently trying to decide if I want to shell out the $99 for OneNote.  You'd think they'd have a cheaper student price! >:(

I just spent the afternoon procrastinating on reading for Monday's class.  Guess that will be a Sunday morning thing. (I did get the reading done for one of the Monday classes this morning.)  On a brighter note, I took care of a ton of loose ends, both private and school related, that will hopefully let me focus on school only starting...Monday. ;D

One of those loose ends was loading inspiring photos of ski areas in the Alps onto my computer so I have nice desktop images.  Note sure if that will help my focus, but they're a heckuva lot better than the default Windows ones.

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2006, 09:57:43 PM »
Right...so there IS an academic version of OneNote, and it is NOT $99.  I'm sure people have been posting about this before- maybe if I read more threads I would have seen it.
Found it on Amazon. $50 ::)

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2006, 11:02:40 PM »
Count me in if you get together.

Is OneNote really worth it or useful?  I'm still debating on getting it.  I may end up being the only one in class taking traditional notes.

I spent most of my day reading.  I need to finish the Buffalo Creek book for DuVivier's class.

Oh, anyone have any details about the Colorado Ski pass?

Can you guys believe classes start on Monday?!
3L @ University of Denver

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2006, 11:13:34 AM »
I'm looking for ski passes, too.  Somebody posted something about it on here.  I think we have to buy the CO pass soon...?

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 25, 2006, 09:10:57 AM »
You can buy the Colorado Pass (which covers all the Vail Assoc. resorts- Breck, Keystone, Vail, A Basin) at REI starting next month.

Thanks for the info!!! ;D

dulawblawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2006, 05:21:04 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know about the DU Law Blawg.  Several law schools have collective student blogs and now DU has one too!!

I am inviting all of you to join the blog as contributors.  Hopefully the blog can become a place where we can share information, stories, and experiences from DU Law. 

Please email dulawblawg@gmail.com if you would like to contribute to the blog and I will make sure to get you access.  To visit the blog please go to dulawblawg.blogspot.com

If you would like to see an example of a collective student blog that is up and running you can check out cublawg.blogspot.com (this is for the University of Colorado).

Happy Blogging!
Denver Law Students Blawg!!
http://dulawblawg.blogspot.com

moonchigger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2006, 02:55:44 AM »
I know I'm going to buy this pass for myself and my wife so I'm going to buy it this weekend, but my question is how much does the price spike after this weekend?

Also, I take it that most people buy the Colorado Pass rather than the Winter Park and Copper Mountain Pass.