Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Denver anyone?  (Read 6444 times)

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Denver anyone?
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2006, 02:29:31 PM »
Wow, this thread has had some action in the last few days!! I love how mountain sports dominate the discussion!

Matthies - I have had the wonderful privilege of meeting you but for those who havent, are you planning to post a self tar?  How are you expecting so much love at orientation when no ones knows who you are? ;) And BTW, thanks for all the great advice you have offered us on this thread.  I just updated my resume and am feeling quite impressed with myself.

brijc - my books were just over $600 too, but of course I had to jack up the bill by buying a sweatship and some other fun DU stuff.

Monarch - welcome back to the US and to Denver! Thx for the 'tar  compliment - I guess I sort of stole your idea here.

and finally...
Demingh - thanks for the note to us DU students.  I have lived here for a few years and can't imagine leaving.  I also agree that its the greatest place on earth! ;D

Off to enjoy my last few days of freedom!
2L

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2006, 06:19:45 PM »
I agree...I love how this board is dominated with ski talk.  Haha.

Thanks Matthies!  :-)  There were 19 of us total and I believe we all got accepted.  All of my SI classmates were wonderful and I'm glad we all made it through the hellacious (but educational) 3 weeks.

I am just getting back from campus.  I spent about $300 bucks for my books (and a sweatshirt).  I was able to find a torts book in REALLY good condition (no marks) for $15 at the SBA bookstore.  I would have waited to get the rest of the books if I didn't have advanced reading to do.  Argh!

Welcome to Denver Monarch!!

Does anyone else have DuVivier (Civ Pro), Taylor (Contracts), Kaplan (LP), and Ehrenreich (Torts)?

I hope you are all enjoying your last days of break.  See ya'll at Orientation!
3L @ University of Denver

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2006, 02:09:37 PM »

Welcome to Denver Monarch!!

Does anyone else have DuVivier (Civ Pro), Taylor (Contracts), Kaplan (LP), and Ehrenreich (Torts)?

Thanks!

I have DuVivier for Civ Pro and Taylor for Contracts.

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2006, 09:38:39 PM »
I just now saw this post- all LSD DUers are still a mystery to me... as I am to you... ;)

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2006, 10:11:41 PM »
I just now saw this post- all LSD DUers are still a mystery to me... as I am to you... ;)

Me too.  I think I saw Matthies though...do you wear glasses?

Monarch heels - Aren't you in section 3?  We were in the same room (190) all afternoon.  Maybe I'll see you tonight at the Stadium Inn (even though we won't know for sure ha!).

Monarch heels

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2006, 05:57:30 PM »

Monarch heels - Aren't you in section 3?  We were in the same room (190) all afternoon.  Maybe I'll see you tonight at the Stadium Inn (even though we won't know for sure ha!).

Yup- I was in 190 with you, but not at the bar.  Had to take my husband to the airport at 5:00 this morning- too early to be out partying.

somanyquestions

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2006, 07:57:49 PM »

Me too.  I think I saw Matthies though...do you wear glasses?

Only when I can't see the board in class, no glasses on me yesterday, had my Nike golf hat, and one of those UGLY green shirts on. Too bad you did not see me I showed my group all the secrets, like were the best bathroom is, and where to sit in the classrooms to avoid the camera's :)

I wish I was in your tour group.  Mine kinda sucked...pretty comical actually...we zipped through the building and was first to line up at the BBQ.

I think I got you confused with Tyler?  Todd?? Anyway...

So where should we sit to avoid the camera?  I don't want the professors catching me passing notes.

Are you guys going to the Bar Review tomorrow?

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2006, 08:11:47 PM »
Hi all -

I hope everyone enjoyed orientation.  IMO everybody and everything has been great so far...I can tell I am going to love DU.

I will be attending tomorrows AAP workshop but not the after hours "bar review".  I have a good friend visiting this weekend and he lands at 6.  I think we are going to hit the city with some friends.

Maybe one of these days we can do lunch or something so we can all meet...or maybe it is better to be left a mystery!  ;)

2L

Camaro_Kyle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2006, 08:16:20 PM »
I'm not going to Denver right now, but most likely go there next year (if I get dinged at CU), but please keep us updated on classes and environment around there, especially job hunting and professors.
Thanks a lot

cesco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2006, 08:19:52 PM »
I'm not going to Denver right now, but most likely go there next year (if I get dinged at CU),

Nice...thanks for letting us know we are your 2nd choice.  Way to make friends.   ;)
2L