Is anyone going to Denver this fall?

cesco

• View Profile
Re: Denver anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 03:57:16 PM »
I am.  Looking forward to it!

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 04:02:13 PM »
me too!  although, technically i'm only 50%-75% accepted.   ;)

cesco

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 04:02:49 PM »
Does that mean waitlist?

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 06:40:38 PM »
I'll also be there in August. 

Yesterday I got an email from one of the assistant deans of admission saying he was going to be in Austin next Tuesday and invited me and a few other future students to dinner.  Should be interesting.

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 07:39:10 AM »
I'll be there.

Moonchigger, I'm in Austin too.  Got the e-mail.  Guell I'll see you on Tuesday.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 08:41:26 AM »
Does that mean waitlist?

Technically no.  I'm enrolled in the summer conditional program.  I'll be there in July. 

Have you all been to Denver (city & law school)?  I've never even been to Colorado but I hear a lot of good things.

cesco

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 08:52:55 AM »
You will love it.

The school is beautiful - the law building is brand new as Im sure you know.  DU is very well respected here.   

The weather is perfect - mild summers, mild winters.  Skiing/Snowboarding just an hour away, and a season pass to Vail, Breckinridge, Beaver Creek, Keystone and ABasin is just $350!  Cost of living is very reasonable.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »
Yea, that's what I hear.  I'm really looking forward to Denver and I hope the skiing doesn't tempt me too much.

Why is it called DU though?  Shouldn't it be UD?  :-\

I'm looking forward to getting aquainted with Denver this summer.  I've fallen in love with the place the moment they offered me a conditional acceptance...my numbers scream T4.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 09:19:58 AM »
And to those in TX - let us know how the dinner goes.

I was originally waitlisted so I sort of "stalked" the admissions office - the poeple there, specifically the AD, are wonderful.  Very helpful and never made me feel like I was being a pest (which I was).

Haha, at least you got in!!  But I agree, the admissions office is very friendly and promt.  They always answered/returned my calls/emails in such a way that made me feel comfortable contacting them.

Any good neighborhoods to live in?

Free dinner in Texas huh?  I guess there are more perks of going to DU than skiing.