Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lawschoolnumbers.com  (Read 3792 times)

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
lawschoolnumbers.com
« on: January 28, 2004, 01:19:08 PM »
i love lawschoolnumbers.com.... in fact im on their every day.....

but...

i wish more people would sign up on there!!!  that way we all have a more accurate idea of our chances.

so im now an advocate for lawschoolnumbers.com and encourage everyone who has applied to law school to go there and sign up, and if u already have, dont forget to update your info!

:)
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: lawschoolnumbers.com
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 01:25:34 PM »
ahhhhhhh i spoke to soon :(

the web site is down. 

figures.
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**

Findedeux

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 10:56:06 PM »
Why is it that 95% of the LSAT scores on that site seem to between 165-175? Am not saying people are lying, it's just quite statistically odd.

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004, 01:06:47 AM »
I'll say it then...people are lying.

The average score on there is in what, the 91st % or so?  Cough cough...bull.

CarpeDiem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 01:33:16 PM »
Either they're lying or only the people industrious enough to put their numbers online actually post them online.

well... cough cough...bull.
for the most part

i agree.

asdasd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 09:00:43 PM »
why would poeple lie? its pointless, the board is anonymous..

asdasd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 09:03:22 PM »
plus i think the people who score high are the ones that are highly motivated, ones like reese witherspoon in the movie election, and would be likely to post up their scores on that site, they totally fit the profile to post up their numbers on that site....

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 12:28:22 PM »
some people do say in their profiles that they changed their scores to ensure they remain anonymous....

... i guess they feel their friends will recognize them by their scores?  Even though thousands of ppl could have the same scores as them..

and im sure if they changed their scores, they made them higher rather than lower.

but chicken, you make a good point.  They may fit the profile of the more motivated.... even though my scores are lower and i feel that I myself am very motivated towards law school.  lets just hope the law school admissions feels the same way :)

hookem law

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 01:55:14 AM »
I don't doubt that the motivation in this population exceeds that in the general law school-bound population, but to the tune of a 14 point higher LSAT average?  That seems excessive...like I said, a lot of these people are truthful, but a number are full of it.

wolfman1977

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 03:20:17 AM »
You know what's weird about that site?  Half the people on it have applied to 25 schools (that's only a slight exaggeration.  That's like $2,000 in apps!).  I guess that's why there are so many waitlists these days.  I applied to 8 but only because I had unusual circumstances.  I feel sorry for all the people who get rejected at a top 25 school, say a place like Washington University, because their spot was taken by some guy who's going to Harvard and had Washington University as his 25th choice.