Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official Boston College Thread  (Read 14488 times)

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Boston College Thread
« Reply #200 on: August 09, 2006, 10:04:17 AM »
Hey, just a sidenote....you can now order your on-campus parking passes on Agora.  $200 for the year...pretty damn good for Boston...even if it is Newton.  Plus, it looks like we can park on the main campus too with our pass.
Indeed!  I ordered mine last week.  I'm going to go pick it up on Friday.  It looks like there are actually two passes you get so you can park on the main campus as well as the law school campus.  You can also order your BC football tickets now if you want them. 
BC Law class of 2009!

brinkmtf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 09, 2006, 04:40:23 PM »
Did everyone else get the email that said "your stafford loans wont get disbursed until you register for classes on agora?"  Does this mean we are supposed to go register?

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2006, 10:35:01 AM »
Did everyone else get the email that said "your stafford loans wont get disbursed until you register for classes on agora?"  Does this mean we are supposed to go register?

I got this same email.  I tried to register and we can't.  I hope it's taken care of?  I don't really know what to do, and I don't really feel like calling them again....sigh.
BC Law class of 2009!

More

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 10, 2006, 11:01:44 AM »
Got the same mail...whatever, I'm not even going to bother calling.  I assume for our 1L classes they register for us since we're assigned classes.  I've basically developed this faith that everything is going to work itself out even with this randomness.  Maybe they've already started grooming me to be a Jesuit?  :)

I'm moving two weeks from today, which makes me feel like a late arrival around this thread.  Still seems real soon though  :o
BC '09
because no one does it like a Jesuit

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: August 10, 2006, 03:46:42 PM »
Bit of info for anyone who didn't know, this friday starting at midnight and running all day saturday is tax free day in boston...so buy all your big items then!  (Expect places to be packed!)
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2006, 10:41:39 PM »
Hey all,

A bunch of us on the BC facebook group have decided to get together for drinks and to meet either Friday or Saturday this week.  Let me know if you would like to join us!
BC Law class of 2009!

schneri

• Sr. Citizen
  • BC '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2006, 10:07:28 AM »
RE: going out tonight (Friday) just an idea but is City Side (see below) an option? or is that too far from everybody. It seems like quite a few live in Watertown, and I have no idea how far/convienet this is for everybody... otherwise I'm up for anything anywhere, just keep me posted, either here or on facebook, can't wait to finally meet people...

I went o BC undergrad and lived on the Newton campus, where the law school is located, for my first year. word of advice, the food in the lower dining hall is WAY better than the food at the Stuart dining hall on Newton campus. other than that, great school, great neighborhood- Cleveland circle is excellent, good food, cityside bar and restaurant is a melting pot for bc undergrad and bc law (the law kids have their own night) just plain old BC Eagles goodness  ;D and with that, I refused to go back to beantown so I am going to school in the nyc area. just my 2 cents... if anyone needs any info about the general area apts., transport etc...just ask. Iíll always be an eagle at heart!

all the best to you all!

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2006, 02:01:03 PM »
Hey all, we decided on Daisy Buchanan's on Newbury Street for tonight. The address is 240 Newbury St.

We'll meet there around 8:30-8:45.  My real name is Elise and I will be carrying a pink purse so people can identify me easily. 

We decided to do a night in the city tnoight because i'm sure we'll be out in brighton/allston/watertown/cleveland circle more once school starts
BC Law class of 2009!

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2006, 11:57:07 AM »
Thanks for setting up the outing. I'm out of commission until just about orientation, but I'm sure I'll meet all of you at some point.

Wedding: T-minus 2.5 hours. ;D

lalala

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #209 on: August 16, 2006, 03:06:50 PM »
oops I missed it!   :(