Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Official Boston College Thread  (Read 14746 times)

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Boston College Thread
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2006, 01:59:17 PM »
Just a rant here...

I called admissions to see what was going on and if we were going to receive any info about classes/orientation etc... and the person who answered the phone was completely clueless.  They didn't even know if we were going to be getting a mailing or what was going on at all.  It did not inspire confidence!
BC Law class of 2009!

brinkmtf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 30, 2006, 08:08:39 PM »
does anyone know anything about parking?

schneri

• Sr. Citizen
  • BC '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 31, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »
My knowledge on parking is a little iffy, but at School I think there are plenty spots.
and in the neighborhoods it depends on where you live, in Brookline there are no/few (not sure) street parking spots, and on some streets in Allston/Brighton you need a sticker.

DeltaTauKyle

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hrm, I look pasty...must be engineering.
    • ICQ Messenger - 272630
    • AOL Instant Messenger - DeltaTauKyle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: July 31, 2006, 02:38:07 PM »
Street Parking sucks.  It's extremely limited in Brookline, and you're gonna need a pass in Allston Brighton.  You can't get the pass unless you have MA tags and MA insurance (I'm *almost* positive).

Parking at school is fine.  There are plenty of spots.  You need to get a parking pass from the main campus office.

In response to the book talk above - this is the worst thing about BC.  You're gonna need those books from day 1, and you won't find out what you need until its too late to get them on time.  The book store is also way over priced.  Consider it supply controlled pricing at its finest.
BC Law '08
Summer IP Intern

schneri

• Sr. Citizen
  • BC '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 31, 2006, 03:01:42 PM »
Street Parking sucks.  It's extremely limited in Brookline, and you're gonna need a pass in Allston Brighton.  You can't get the pass unless you have MA tags and MA insurance (I'm *almost* positive).

Parking at school is fine.  There are plenty of spots.  You need to get a parking pass from the main campus office.

speaking of MA insurance, I've tried to get quotes online, but the big companies don't seem to offer insurance in MA... What would you recommend?

nubova

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 31, 2006, 03:35:40 PM »

Amica is a good car insurance that most people seem to use.
Parking is pretty good on campus. You will recieve information about how to get a campus parking permit soon. It works on both campuses. If you live in Newton, street parking is not a problem at all. Allston/BRighton is a little tougher, but if you get the pass from the city, its not too bad.

As far as books, you will recieve information as to what books you will need to purchase during orientation. I suggest going online and buying them, and reading the cases assigned in class from one of the books in the library; profs always put the books on reserve.

hth.

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2006, 02:16:48 PM »
Just thought i'd bump this thread and see what's going on
BC Law class of 2009!

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2006, 03:45:13 PM »
I've been here since Sunday.  Going crazy.  Have to stay home all day waiting for packages.  Just got my cable modem hooked up.  Need to get furniture.  Have no one to help me move it.  Bored out of my mind.  Do nothing but listen to audio books on my ipod.  Almost done with Atlas Shrugged.  Who is John Galt?

I'm thinking about eating at some place called "L" or something like that.  Anyone been there?

This was a very "castaway" post.  If you wrote that you started talking to a volleyball you drew a face on, I'd be concerned.  Sitting arouind is boring though...do you have TV or just internet? 

Where are you going to get furniture?  Do you have a car?  If you go with IKEA, they deliver.  So does Jordan's Furniture.  They have this thing called a "shabang" where you get a whole living room set for a really cheap price. 

I have never heard of "L" where is it?  Next week is restaurant week in boston.  www.restaurantweekboston.com  make sure you treat yourself at least once, it is definitely worth it. 

Uhh..Isn't John Galt an LSD person who is going to Harvard? 

In answer to your last post, I don't know where BC people go to hang out.  I know where I like to go for a good cheap meal though...Panera in Watertown.  There is also a diner out by BC Law in Newton that has good breakfast called Jhonny T's or something like that.  If you need suggestions, just let me know.
BC Law class of 2009!

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: August 09, 2006, 12:48:54 AM »
Hey, just a sidenote....you can now order your on-campus parking passes on Agora.  $200 for the year...pretty damn good for Boston...even if it is Newton.  Plus, it looks like we can park on the main campus too with our pass.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

legalprincesa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 09, 2006, 10:03:09 AM »
I donít have a TV.  Havenít had one for years.

I have a truck and I want to get most of my stuff from craigslist.

Restaurant L is here:

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&q=restaurant-l&near=Boston,+MA&cid=0,0,2929359432134193342&ll=42.351455,-71.073625&spn=0,.02&sa=X&oi=local&ct=image

Restaurant week is next week?  Ugh.  Iíll be in Cali.  I have to fly there on Saturday and I wonít be back Ďtil the 27th.

LSD John Galt is going to Yale.  Have you read Atlas Shrugged?

Panera is in Watertown?!  Thatís right down the block.  Iím so eating dinner there tonight.  Thanks!

No problem on the Panera, I was so excited when I found it while I was busy getting lost trying to get home (I have GPS in my car, but it decided a road existed that no longer exists).  If you go further up into watertown there is also a "Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse" or something.  It's a little weird because the animals on the wall talk, but it's a pretty decent fast meal if you're looking for some meat and veggies.  Also a friendly's.  Also, there is a DMV right up there by Target and Best Buy if you need to get your license changed or anything like that.  There's two malls, as well.  Nothing spectacular, but they usually have what I need in a pinch and don't have time to go downtown.   

I have not read Atlas Shrugged, but I just asked my boyfriend if there was a character named John Galt, as he just finished the book a few weeks ago.  He explained the reference to me and now I understand what you were saying :)

No TV?!?!  How dyou watch the travel channel...or national geographic...or the discovery channel...whoa.  I didn't have TV at all in college, but I broke down in grad school and now I really enjoy it as a distraction once in awhile. 

Have fun in Cali.  Restaurant week comes around again (I think they do it two or three times a year) so you will get your chance.

Good luck with Craigslist furniture.  I"m an IKEA and "taking things from the parents" girl all the way. 

See you soon!
BC Law class of 2009!