Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Michigan off the waitlist!!  (Read 2323 times)

chacabuco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: In at Michigan off the waitlist!!
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 09:54:51 PM »
wow congrats!  as much as i want to get in off their waitlist (or northwestern's for that matter!) im really happy for you.  sounds like you have an amazing story to tell.  had you told nu that youd definitely matriculate if accepted?

BAB

• 't aint no sin . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 04:55:26 PM »
Congratulations. It looks like you are one of very few so far.
Only the shallow know themselves - Oscar Wilde

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 05:01:51 PM »
wow congrats!  as much as i want to get in off their waitlist (or northwestern's for that matter!) im really happy for you.  sounds like you have an amazing story to tell.  had you told nu that youd definitely matriculate if accepted?

Thank you - that's really nice to hear! 

I haven't had much contact with NU's admissions people.  I sent $$ (which speaks louder than sweet nothings anyway), but exchanged no promises, nothing in writing.  It's been such a rollercoaster - two weeks ago I thought I was going to Cardozo.  Then the Northwestern news, and I figured no way would I get lucky twice.  So I sent the deposit, and bang!  I kind of feel like a spectator at Nascar - there's a lot of noise and action, but everything's moving too quickly for me to quite grasp what's going on!  :)
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

Jolie Was Here

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3L. Meh.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »
omg -

I was just accepted off the WL for Summer Start 2007.  I just received the call - I am dying and I can't believe it!

Congrats, divo!  Do you think you're going to accept?  Happy dance time!
I was referring to your intellectual penis. Which is quite robust.

Jolie is creeping up on me. 

tinytim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 05:52:52 PM »
That is great news! Congrats. I heard it was going to be really hard to get off the waitlist this year...I guess it is probably hard every year, but this is the only year I am really interested in.  ;D

tinytim

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 10:50:11 PM »
The website says there will be about 10 people pulled off the waitlist over the next couple of weeks. It sounds like most people have gotten calls from the Dean the past couple of days and acceptances should be coming. If we haven't got a call during the last couple of days...we are probably out of luck.

chacabuco

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 02:11:42 AM »
The website says there will be about 10 people pulled off the waitlist over the next couple of weeks. It sounds like most people have gotten calls from the Dean the past couple of days and acceptances should be coming. If we haven't got a call during the last couple of days...we are probably out of luck.
not so sure.  look at lsn.  theyre really just doing deferral calls now.

gadfly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 09:28:21 AM »
What do you mean by deferral calls ?

tinytim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 10:54:03 AM »
They are talking about those who requested a deferral till next year. A few have gotten calls granting them the deferral. But, if you read some of the other posts there are some who have gotten off the waitlist for this year who got a call from the Dean earlier in the week. Hence, no call=no acceptance.