Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: High School info for LSACD??  (Read 1033 times)

M2

High School info for LSACD??
« on: August 10, 2004, 01:31:44 PM »
On the LSACD Common Information Form there is a space for high school...

Is this required?
I dont even know what my high school GPA was!! and it was pretty bad.

This is gonna be a huge pain if I have to try to find out what my GPA was.

lawyerboy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: High School info for LSACD??
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 02:16:25 PM »
I don't even think most high schools indicate GPAs. I know that my high school transcript only has a rank, not a GPA (although I guess you could figure it out, but you'd need your grades from each year--it would be a mess to figure out indeed). I can't believe that any law school would need that information on an application. Perhaps ONE law school asks for it if you know it, which is how it ended up on the common information form??? You probably can leave it blank and then when you print out an application make sure it didn't ask for the HS GPA. 

M2

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 02:45:26 PM »
 almost every public HS in the U.S.A. gives GPAs... they are requested by every college.

thanks for the advice... i guess ill leave it blank and see what happens

jrhc1210

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.85/Oct
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jrhc1210
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 11:28:06 AM »
I haven't seen any schools thus far that ask for hs gpa. I know at least Yale and Columbia ask for hs class rank, though.

buster

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 11:35:11 AM »
There is at least one LS app that asks for HS GPA. I saw it yesterday, meaning it was either Harvard, Penn, Columbia or NYU. It wasn't Penn...NYU or Columbia, I think.

buster

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 11:42:18 AM »
I was thinkin' Columbia, a school to which I am applying despite years of considering it to be unbearably snotty (institutionally; I have no idea about the students). I didn't apply there for UG because they sent me a letter which essentially told me to be proud to receive a letter from them.

my bet is NYU, they are awfully nosy, even ask about expunged criminal matters i think, which very few schools do.