Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: YOU GUESS THE VERDICT - Drunk Teacher  (Read 1037 times)

noell.sweet

YOU GUESS THE VERDICT - Drunk Teacher
« on: August 10, 2004, 11:35:47 AM »
A teacher in a drug-alcohol rehabilitation center was arrested for drunk driving.  It was the teacher's third offense.  When fired from her job, she filed suit, claiming that she couldn't be fired simply for her poor personal behavior.  The defendant's lawyer claimed that she was a bad example to students in the rehab program.  Should she get her job back?

How Would You Have Ruled? :)

buster

Re: YOU GUESS THE VERDICT - Drunk Teacher
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 11:37:35 AM »
How did her employer know about it?

A teacher in a drug-alcohol rehabilitation center was arrested for drunk driving.  It was the teacher's third offense.  When fired from her job, she filed suit, claiming that she couldn't be fired simply for her poor personal behavior.  The defendant's lawyer claimed that she was a bad example to students in the rehab program.  Should she get her job back?

jgruber

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 11:39:43 AM »
Not enough information.  Did she have a contract?  What jurisdiction is this?
Who did she work for?

noell.sweet

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 11:43:38 AM »
LOL ... wow, you guys would make great lawyers ... they don't give me all that information on my calendar here ... :) ... so, I guess they just want a general answer?

buster

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 11:45:18 AM »
okay, general answer, she gets her job back

LOL ... wow, you guys would make great lawyers ... they don't give me all that information on my calendar here ... :) ... so, I guess they just want a general answer?

jgruber

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 11:45:38 AM »
Ah.  The general answer is that it depends.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 11:46:14 AM »
or maybe.

Ah.  The general answer is that it depends.

'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'