Law School Discussion

READING COMP POLL

JoeGibbsRedskins

Re: READING COMP POLL
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 12:51:31 PM »
lol this is probaly the highlight in your day.  I am going to stop  with the reply crap.

You keep saying something else so i that i can reply. You need help.

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 01:11:39 PM »
I always read the passage first, but if that's not working for you why not try something else?  If you've got many tests left, try several approaches on passages from a couple of RC sectionsd to see what works best for you.  Everyone has unique reading habits, so what works for me won't necessarily work for you.

Einstein

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »
I always read the passage first, but if that's not working for you why not try something else?  If you've got many tests left, try several approaches on passages from a couple of RC sectionsd to see what works best for you.  Everyone has unique reading habits, so what works for me won't necessarily work for you.

Winner!!! So far this is the best post that I have read in this thread so far.. congrats!

I am still wondering if there is anyone else out there that reads the questions first though... so don't be shy and speak up :)

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 02:13:09 PM »
I really wish they released the exam and answers from February. It would be funny to see which passage I bombed.

The February LSAT was the most brutal RC section I've ever taken. Figures that's the test I signed up for. I remember getting to the end of the sections in a passage and being impressed that I had four minutes to spare. Then I realized I had completed only three passages, and the fourth one was barely in English.

Fellow Feb '06 takers unite! RC on that test kicked my ass.

4DClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 02:25:42 PM »
I did OK, but I'd have done a whole lot better if it wasn't for groupthink! Someone used that word in a conversation and I had nasty flashbacks.

I really wish they released the exam and answers from February. It would be funny to see which passage I bombed.

I tried to do Groupthink first and then had to rush to finish one of the easier passages. It sucked. You did well this cycle anyway though. I'm not applying till this fall. I'm still on the fence about re-taking. Hmmm...

dusya4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 03:13:38 PM »
That's what the course tells you to do.. Just look for these in the passage.  But by the time you get to the questions I forget.. or sometimes the passage is so dense that it is hard to keep track of everything.  I don't know... maybe I just need more practice.. I blame this on never having to read a textbook in UG to be successful... i.e. engineering.  

Even engineers have to read. At least my engineering curriculum required a minimum of 7 humanities classes. Practice will definitely help. Some good advice that I've received for this section is to make yourself interested in whatever the passage is discussing. Also after you are done reading, pause for about 30 seconds to summarize in your mind the main point, the tone, and the organization of the passage. Although there may not be explicit questions asking about these, having a rough answer in your mind will probably help to answer at least some questions. Good luck.