Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Food and drink at test center?  (Read 594 times)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Food and drink at test center?
« on: May 07, 2006, 11:08:41 PM »
I've gotten conflicting reports about this.  On their website, LSAC maintains that you're not allowed to bring food or drinks into the test center, but it seems like most people do anyway.  I can't imagine not being able to eat or drink anything during the break--but 10-15 minutes isn't enough time to run to a vending machine or car for a snack.

Are food/drinks allowed?  Thanks!
SLS '10 and now working.  PM me if you want to get in touch!

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Food and drink at test center?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 11:09:45 PM »
No prob at my test center.  I chewed gum and drank through the whole thing.

Alamo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 11:16:13 PM »
If you're going to drink, just keep it in a brown bag - they shouldn't ask any questions.

I brought coffee, and took sips during the breaks.  Don't slurp obnoxiously or crunch anything and you'll be fine.
I must admit that I may have been infected with society's prejudices and predilections and attributed them to God . . . and that in years hence I may be seen as someone who was on the wrong side of history.  I don't believe such doubts make me a bad Christian.  I believe they make me human . . .

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 11:22:29 PM »
If you're going to drink, just keep it in a brown bag - they shouldn't ask any questions.

I wonder if anyone has ever actually drank alcohol during the test? Heh.

I would have, if I were still a drinking man at that time.

sunfunliving

• Sr. Citizen
  • My baby in Haiti....Tamarah
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - sunfunliving
    • View Profile
    • :) Study Guide Info :)
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 11:59:49 PM »
You are not allowed to eat or drink during the test...however, you are allowed to bring food/drink into the test center so that you can consume those items during the break (between the 3rd and 4th section)...you are supposed to clear your desks of anything non-test related...obviously some proctors allow things whereas other proctors go strictly by the rules.

Vera :)
LSAT - The PERFECT Study Plan (2,4&6 Month PrepGuide) - ask me about it! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&item=230036283031&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 02:25:23 AM »
Yeah, for the love of god don't bring anything to eat and then chomp away while we are all taking the test.

I took a practice one w/ Kaplan and a guy reached in his pocket and ate skittles for the last 2 sections. If it had been the real one I would have not refrained from throwing something at his head.

Oh, and for anyone in my testing center that decides to chew gum and pop it during the test... the same fate shall await you.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 02:33:07 AM »
Yup Nashville, not taking it until Sept 30th... so I haven't even looked into locations.
LSN

PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 02:36:53 AM »
I just looked at the choices... I'll either do Vandy or MTSU. Depends on what room at MTSU they use... in an older building no.... a newer one at MTSU then I'll do it there. I just want to be comfortable. Big chairs lots of room.
LSN

supergirluw

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 03:19:53 AM »
at test center #1, we kept everything under our seats...people would take out their water bottles during the test. we could take our food out during the break and eat to our hearts content.

at test center #2, at the university, we had over 1000 people testing in four lecture halls...there was barely room for us, let alone our *&^%, so we piled our stuff on the floor up front. this meant nothing to drink or eat during the test...it was bad enough to hear 450 people breathing, moaning, scratching, etc. during the test. We actually got goodie bags from Kaplan on the way in, and I brought my own food, so we all were able to eat during the break...that is, if you made it back from the bathroom on time.

Anyways, I'd say pack a large snack and bring something to drink and go with the flow of things. You will have time to eat and drink somewhere along the way. And, oh yeah, it a large breakfast and don't drink too much ahead of time.

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 03:21:07 AM »
I think that was the room I had my Kaplan practice test in. It was pretty nice. Plus it is a few blocks from the Lowes Vanderbilt hotel. I thought about staying there the night before and walking over to the testing center... with a stop at Starbucks of course.

I wonder how many people take it at Vandy each time.
LSN