Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Checking in (if you've got questions for zpops, ask them here)  (Read 929 times)

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
  • Going to NYU in the fall! 3.99/175
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zp0ps
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
Hey guys, I figured I'd just stop in and see how everyone's doing.  With my infrequent visits to the board right now, it's kind of impractical for me to go searching through topics, so if anyone has big news they'd like to share, then go ahead and post it in this topic. 
    Also, I don't really think it's practical for me to do my usual rounds in the advice boards, so if anyone has a burning question for me, then this is the place to put it.  Sorry if this comes off as cocky or something but I'm just trying to make myself somewhat avaiable and I can't think of any other way to do it.
www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

nathanielmark

Re: Checking in (if you've got questions for zpops, ask them here)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 09:06:57 AM »
nobody will answer this for me, so maybe you will...  it may seem somewhat trivial, but i want to do it right...

what is the appropriate way to answer questions on applications where you have been given insufficient space to do so?  In other words you get 2 lines, when you need to write a paragrapsh...  do you put in the lines "see addendum"?  Do you start answering the question then say (continued) or (continued on addendum)? then you would attach a seperate sheet with the remainder of the answer saying "(question 4 continued?)?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????

????????????????????

Maryanne007

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.74 LSAT: 176 UG: Harvard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 09:32:05 AM »
how many practice exams did you take before the lsat?  and did you start flattening out after a certain point?

thanks zpops!  :)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 10:42:40 AM »
I'm not zpops, obviously, but I think you're stressing on this way too much. I've actually seen this instruction on an appliation, not sure which one.  You just write in "see separate sheet" and then on your separate sheet, head your answer with whatever it was asking, like  "#4.  Please list your extracurricular activities while an undergrad" or whatever the question is.

This really isn't a big deal.  However you do it, it'll be fine.

nobody will answer this for me, so maybe you will...  it may seem somewhat trivial, but i want to do it right...

what is the appropriate way to answer questions on applications where you have been given insufficient space to do so?  In other words you get 2 lines, when you need to write a paragrapsh...  do you put in the lines "see addendum"?  Do you start answering the question then say (continued) or (continued on addendum)? then you would attach a seperate sheet with the remainder of the answer saying "(question 4 continued?)?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????

????????????????????

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 10:44:24 AM »
this thread makes me laugh. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

thinknpositive

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 10:45:21 AM »
this thread makes me laugh. 

yup, i love it

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 11:08:33 AM »
green - Different apps provide different instructions.  In general, you're either told to write as much as you can and then include an addendum titled "Question #x" or told to just write see attachment and write your whole response in the attachement.  Personally, I got creative with spacing to try and fit all my answers in the provided space, and  I prioritized to keep from going over.  I just felt like they were telling you that they didn't want twenty lines of honors when they only gave you four lines. . .

Maryanne - I took at least 12 full tests, and did the games and a few tpyes of lr questions from some others.  I actually flatlined at 167 frommy first test to my 3rd or 4th test, but then I saw a constant improvement.  I started with the "10 real actual LSATS" then did the semi recent ones kaplan gives, then ended my prep with tests in the mid to high 30's.

Dsong - I think it's funny that this topic has 95 views and 5 replies.  Do 95 people here even remember me?  I'll admit I did a quick search for my name last night, and I saw a few topics where people talked like I was dead or something,  ;D

www.thedigitalrant.com - A site for discussions on books, movies, video games and other forms of entertainment.  We're just starting out, so stop on by, if you have the chance.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 11:17:20 AM »
green - Different apps provide different instructions.  In general, you're either told to write as much as you can and then include an addendum titled "Question #x" or told to just write see attachment and write your whole response in the attachement.  Personally, I got creative with spacing to try and fit all my answers in the provided space, and  I prioritized to keep from going over.  I just felt like they were telling you that they didn't want twenty lines of honors when they only gave you four lines. . .

Maryanne - I took at least 12 full tests, and did the games and a few tpyes of lr questions from some others.  I actually flatlined at 167 frommy first test to my 3rd or 4th test, but then I saw a constant improvement.  I started with the "10 real actual LSATS" then did the semi recent ones kaplan gives, then ended my prep with tests in the mid to high 30's.

Dsong - I think it's funny that this topic has 95 views and 5 replies.  Do 95 people here even remember me?  I'll admit I did a quick search for my name last night, and I saw a few topics where people talked like I was dead or something,  ;D

i think its funny how jacy came in and started answering for you. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Dewitt

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 02:05:25 PM »
zpops, a while back you were saying that the lsat is bringing back some of the old "misc" logic games. where did you hear that and what evidence do you have of that? i'm not questioning you, just wondering if i should review the older games from the early 90s.

zpops

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Digital Rant
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 02:48:04 PM »
zpops, a while back you were saying that the lsat is bringing back some of the old "misc" logic games. where did you hear that and what evidence do you have of that? i'm not questioning you, just wondering if i should review the older games from the early 90s.

I had a round table game on my test (oct 03).  There was a mapping game on the June 03 test.  Based on these two tests, I think it's a smart bet to review the old games.