Law School Discussion

Cooley has a JINGLE

Re: Cooley has a JINGLE
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2008, 09:29:17 PM »
This should be the jingle...

(Sung to the tune of the "Flintstones" theme song)

Cooley
Thomas Cooley
In our rankings we are Number One

From the
Town of Lansing
You had best prepare yourself to gun

That's cuz
Our attrition is the tops
When that
Full tuition waiver stops

Good luck
After law school
We will all be rooting for you
Be rooting for you
Now get my Coke and fries!

and dont forget to supersiiiiiiiiiiiize!

Willllll-maaaa!!!  :D

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2008, 02:14:26 AM »
"Oh my God, I am so smart, I can make fun of a Thomas Cooley jingle, HAHAHAHA, I feel so much better about myself now because no matter how dumb or ugly I am at least I don't go to a school that has a jingle.  HAHAHA I love this website, I can make fun of anyone I want, including a whole school and I do it because I really just feel terrible about myself and it makes me feel good to make fun of other people and make them feel worse about the school they go to because then the school I am going to is automatically better because Cooley is so bad.  HAHAHA I am so special, I am so much more special than the people at Cooley.  Oh my, I love myself so much, but I really don;t, I just pretend to and then I make fun of people at Cooley or Liberty because I am so much cooler.  WOW, they are so dumb compared to me.  Look everyone, I am so cool.  Can't you see how cool I am?  Don't you think I am really neat and really funny because I can make fun of others?  Oh and I do it without revealing who I really am or where I go to school because that wouldn't be any fun because I am actually a coward.  But I am a funny coward.  I am special everybody, and Cooley's jingle is so lame that I am way cooler because of it.  I make the world go round because of Cooley's jingle.  I can even make fun of Liberty because they arn;t as smart as me, so I will make fun of them.  YA, YA, YA, YA, YA, I am so hilarious everyone will think I am so cool, even though they don;t know who I really am so actually they think that nobody is funny or cool, so I am acually wasting my time trying to make myself feel better and I am a complete and utter loser."

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2008, 08:04:49 AM »
I never thought that there would actually be a Cooley troll on the board.

Don't you have, like, 20,000 chairs in your library that you need to start sitting in?  I mean, those chairs aren't going to warm themselves...

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2008, 11:19:17 AM »

Don't you have, like, 20,000 chairs in your library that you need to start sitting in?  I mean, those chairs aren't going to warm themselves...

hm.  if he can modify his shtick kinda like steve jones, it might be successful.  for now, its just lame.  especially the use of ";" instead of "'"

Steve Jones

• Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2008, 05:22:04 PM »

hm.  if he can modify his shtick kinda like steve jones, it might be successful.  for now, its just lame.  especially the use of ";" instead of "'"

No need to get insulting.  Thomascooleybliatch just reinforces the crapfest that is Cooley.  His rant sounds like it's coming from a 3-year-old...any school that would admit this idiot has to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Steve Jones

• Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2008, 05:26:33 PM »
"Oh my God, I am so smart, I can make fun of a Thomas Cooley jingle, HAHAHAHA, I feel so much better about myself now because no matter how dumb or ugly I am at least I don't go to a school that has a jingle.  HAHAHA I love this website, I can make fun of anyone I want, including a whole school and I do it because I really just feel terrible about myself and it makes me feel good to make fun of other people and make them feel worse about the school they go to because then the school I am going to is automatically better because Cooley is so bad.  HAHAHA I am so special, I am so much more special than the people at Cooley.  Oh my, I love myself so much, but I really don;t, I just pretend to and then I make fun of people at Cooley or Liberty because I am so much cooler.  WOW, they are so dumb compared to me.  Look everyone, I am so cool.  Can't you see how cool I am?  Don't you think I am really neat and really funny because I can make fun of others?  Oh and I do it without revealing who I really am or where I go to school because that wouldn't be any fun because I am actually a coward.  But I am a funny coward.  I am special everybody, and Cooley's jingle is so lame that I am way cooler because of it.  I make the world go round because of Cooley's jingle.  I can even make fun of Liberty because they arn;t as smart as me, so I will make fun of them.  YA, YA, YA, YA, YA, I am so hilarious everyone will think I am so cool, even though they don;t know who I really am so actually they think that nobody is funny or cool, so I am acually wasting my time trying to make myself feel better and I am a complete and utter loser."

Coward = Creating a new profile just to cry like a baby

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2008, 07:30:35 PM »
this just in:

Chuck Norris took the LSAT. When LSAC realized this, it was disclosed.

Chuck Norris did not write the certifying statement. He simply wrote, "Roundhouse kick". When an LSAC employee read this, her neck was mysteriously snapped.

Because other LSAC employees feared touching his test, Chuck Norris received the only 181 in history.

He went to Thomas Cooley and killed everyone on campus. He then renamed it, "Chuck Norris Law." There is only one class, "Chuck Norris Law." The answer to everything is "Because Chuck Norris said so."

The only student who ever left Chuck Norris Law alive is Chuck Norris. Despite this fact, it is the most popular law school in the world.

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2008, 09:37:11 PM »

No need to get insulting.  Thomascooleybliatch just reinforces the crapfest that is Cooley.  His rant sounds like it's coming from a 3-year-old...any school that would admit this idiot has to be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I'm not a Cooley student, nor would I attend the school; however, could somebody please tell me how the curriculum there is materially different from any other law school? How would someone be less of an attorney five years into practice for attending Cooley as opposed to a "T14" school (job propects at BigLaw excluded because BigLaw is a crap shoot for even graduates of the highest ranked schools)?

From my understanding of law school, the curriculum is almost identical anywhere you go. What's more, there are not difficult concepts in law. It's not rocket science. So, for someone who wants to be a trial lawyer, why would the school they attend make much of a difference?

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 06:03:25 AM »
I'm not a Cooley student, nor would I attend the school; however, could somebody please tell me how the curriculum there is materially different from any other law school? How would someone be less of an attorney five years into practice for attending Cooley as opposed to a "T14" school (job propects at BigLaw excluded because BigLaw is a crap shoot for even graduates of the highest ranked schools)?

From my understanding of law school, the curriculum is almost identical anywhere you go. What's more, there are not difficult concepts in law. It's not rocket science. So, for someone who wants to be a trial lawyer, why would the school they attend make much of a difference?

First, "BigLaw" (I hate that term) is not a "crap shoot for even graduates of the highest ranked schools".  At the highest ranked schools (Yale, Stanford, Chicago, etc.), what firm you can get might be something of a crap shoot but the fact that you will be able to get a firm paying the New York market rate is a near certainty.

Second, the curriculum at lower ranked schools is, in my opinion, more focused on bar passage and actual practice of the law.  The running joke is that at Yale for example, no law is taught at all.

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2008, 12:03:12 PM »
There are plenty of top law graduates to don't get jobs at the largest of law firms. Many do, some don't. I don't disagree that one's chances are better at getting top firm job out of a top law school as opposed to Cooley. That is an undeniable fact.

However, going to a top law school is not a sufficient condition to obtain a big firm job. Many don't get those jobs even though they apply. I would not recommend a school like Cooley to anyone, but I can see where some good attorneys could come from such a school. The best lawyer that I know graduated from CA Western (a tier 4 school). He has won more murder trials than most other attorneys in Las Vegas. I assert that where you go to school has little bearing on what kind of attorney you will be. A Yale law grad has no more skill or knowlege than any other graduate, since law school does not teach the practice of law but only theory.

So many intangibles to into the makeup of a good trial lawyer. Many law school grads that were top of their class and on law review get stomped in the courtroom by lower tier graduates because they just don't have what it takes. Having a degree from Yale Law School can't give you what it takes. It can only open doors for you. From there, you have to sink or swim on your own. Many a top law grad has failed to live up to their pedigree.