Law School Discussion

Cooley has a JINGLE

ptown

• View Profile
Re: Cooley has a JINGLE
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 02:44:20 PM »
I dont think Liberty gets near the flak it deserves.

Those people are friggin nuts...

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 02:44:52 PM »

I agree wholeheartedly.

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
I am very much a prestige whore, but even I don't look down on a school for having a student population w/ a student body that has a lower average LSAT or GPA.  I do look down on Cooley for thinking it's hotter sh!t than it actually is.  The reason it gets so much flack is because of its absurd rankings that clearly are flawed not because of their rankings methodology but because of the clear conflict of interest that exists from having a law school produce a rankings in which it is included.  Such a conflict of interest undoubtedly raises some eyebrows, especially when Cooley is set to benefit so generously from them.

us news and world report is owned by a harvard law grad.

you'd think it would be first

The person in charge of USNews' rankings (schools, hospitals, etc) is a grad of my UG, and yet my UG hasn't sat at the top of our rankings since his appointment (we've maxed out at being second... blech). 

well, what good is the bastard, then  :D

isittomorrowyet

• A man and his dead horse
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GlueIsRealGood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 04:39:05 PM »

While we are on the subject of funny law school videos, here is one from Liberty.  (You have to click on the link on the right once the page opens): 

http://www.liberty.edu/academics/law/index.cfm?PID=4932

Denny Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

While we are on the subject of funny law school videos, here is one from Liberty.  (You have to click on the link on the right once the page opens): 

http://www.liberty.edu/academics/law/index.cfm?PID=4932

blech.  While I don't deny the development of the US, and specifically American law, has been historically influenced by Christianity, the two realms are very much distinct despite their occassional overlaps.  Christian morality is not the only morality, nor is it the best morality.  Please Liberty U., get over yourself.

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »
A note about Cooley. I am from SE MI and my advisor told me to apply to Cooley just as a backup.  I received my first letter of acceptance from them along with a 100% scholarship.  While I was waiting to hear from the other schools to which I had applied (now in at 3 T2 schools with one full ride), I decided to go ahead and visit the Lansing campus.  The facilities were nice, etc, but when I arrived, a third-year student spoke to each prospective student in the tour privately and her speech went something like: "Please review your application carefully to assure that it does not need to be updated since you first applied." She said this was basically to make sure I hadn't been arrested recently. I have never been arrested and haven't even had a traffic ticket in over 7 years, but she told me that Cooley students were held to a high ethical standard, so they were making sure that applicants weren't leaving anything off of their applications.  What seems so comical after reading some of these posts is the fact that Cooley admits students they know will have to struggle and maybe drop out, but take their money anyway.  That seems very unethical to me. Kind of contradicts their message.  Just a thought.

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 12:09:43 AM »
Righteous bumpage

IF

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 12:36:34 AM »
wow

Denny Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 08:41:01 AM »
Ah, memories...

laxlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 11:56:37 AM »
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but they have a slew of billboards in metro detroit.