Law School Discussion

Cooley has a JINGLE

( )

Cooley has a JINGLE
« on: May 07, 2006, 09:00:43 AM »
"It's the knowledge and the skills, and the ethics we instill, at cooley law school!"

http://www.cooley.edu/mediacenter/cooley.htm

Has anyone seen this? The video should load at that page. It's 6 mins and pretty standard horn-blowing ("Cooley is second to no one" sic), but skip to the very end and you'll be treated to the COOLEY JINGLE.

Mr. Pink

• @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Cooley has a JINGLE
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 09:11:43 AM »
"It's the knowledge and the skills, and the ethics we instill, at cooley law school!"

http://www.cooley.edu/mediacenter/cooley.htm

Has anyone seen this? The video should load at that page. It's 6 mins and pretty standard horn-blowing ("Cooley is second to no one" sic), but skip to the very end and you'll be treated to the COOLEY JINGLE!

Awesome

jiggedyjared

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 09:16:03 AM »
hahah... that was worth a listen. 

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 09:46:28 AM »
oh jeez....though, btw, doesn't looking at that really make it seem like all LSs really are the same? People, faces, comments etc? Campuses seem nice enough...basically, the difference between cooley and harvard is which one opens more doors...

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 09:56:57 AM »
BAHAHAHAHAH that was great

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 10:00:57 AM »
i dunno i dont think its right to really hate on cooley that much...i had always been like "damn what a TTTT you really need to f up to get in there" but then i got their brochure and the heading was something like "we try to make it so people that have the desire to be lawyers can practice their dream" or somethin glike that

now granted that wasn't gonna make me apply considering i dont have a sub 150 LSAT, but i think its nice there are schools like cooley out there that let the people who didnt really do as well (and therefore you may argue are not as smart) to have a chance at pursuing a dream...

and the argument that proceeds from this is "well if ur dumb enough to have to go to cooley or a similary ranked school you may not be smart enough to go to LS"..i think is dumb b/c well if you aren't smart enough then no TTTs would exist at all.and all graduates would end up as paralegals or unemployed...i mean people DO succeed..and its nice that they can be given an opportunity to when their LSAT/GPA may not be quite as high as others...

Kittyl30

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 10:02:05 AM »
oh jeez....though, btw, doesn't looking at that really make it seem like all LSs really are the same? People, faces, comments etc? Campuses seem nice enough...basically, the difference between cooley and harvard is which one opens more doors...

i was thinking the same thing when watching them in class with their laptops..

HippieLawChick

• Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 10:07:38 AM »
My friend Steve is a Cooley grad, and is doing quite well 5 years out.  however, when it was time to apply to LS, I had a hard time explaining why I had zero interest in going there, (163 LSAT) and that getting a 100% scholarship wouldn't change my mind. 

Mr. Pink

• @#!* YOU! @#!* YOU! I'M f-in' DYING HERE! I'M FU
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 10:25:30 AM »
My friend Steve is a Cooley grad, and is doing quite well 5 years out.  however, when it was time to apply to LS, I had a hard time explaining why I had zero interest in going there, (163 LSAT) and that getting a 100% scholarship wouldn't change my mind. 

Why didnt you just tell him that you were a prestige whore. :)

140am

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 10:50:28 AM »
That was seriously hilarious -- I think it might be sung by the same guy who does the Real Men of Genius/Real American Heroes commercials!