Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at Arizona  (Read 456 times)

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
Waitlisted at Arizona
« on: May 06, 2006, 08:57:05 PM »
After 6 1/2 months, I finally got a response from Arizona...a damn waitlist.   Yeah, like I really want to keep waiting longer.  Pretty ridiculous.  And the anonoying thing is, I think I got screwed.  I applied in October, but when I spoke to them a month ago, they told me my file hadn't even gone to committee yet!  So, it is as if I applied in March, because they looked at my app so late.  By the time they looked at it, I am sure they had most of the class filled.  Quite an operation they got going on down there.

Not that I really care, because I wouldn't have gone there anyway (unless maybe they had got back to me 4-5 months ago), but it just pisses me off.   That is my vent of the day.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

pleaseacceptme24

• MSN Messenger - hosamghaith@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Waitlisted at Arizona
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 10:51:44 PM »
Sorry dude, but looking at the schools that did let you in I find it hard to understand why would need to be venting anything :)

Towlie

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 10:53:45 PM »
After 6 1/2 months, I finally got a response from Arizona...a damn waitlist.   Yeah, like I really want to keep waiting longer.  Pretty ridiculous.  And the anonoying thing is, I think I got screwed.  I applied in October, but when I spoke to them a month ago, they told me my file hadn't even gone to committee yet!  So, it is as if I applied in March, because they looked at my app so late.  By the time they looked at it, I am sure they had most of the class filled.  Quite an operation they got going on down there.

Not that I really care, because I wouldn't have gone there anyway (unless maybe they had got back to me 4-5 months ago), but it just pisses me off.   That is my vent of the day.

I'm crying you a river  :'(    haha, actually I'm not. You're much better without my crappy alma matta, believe me on that.

Stuje1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 01:13:48 AM »
Sorry dude, but looking at the schools that did let you in I find it hard to understand why would need to be venting anything :)

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as a pompous A-Hole....just 6 1/2 months of waiting made me a little irritable.  Obviously, I am not upset with my options, just a little POed at AZ.

Towlie, is AZ really that bad?  doesn't seem to be too much positive about them on this board.
8) Boston College
;D Colorado $, Wisconsin, OSU $, Indiana $, Case $$, Tulane $$$, Davis, Iowa, Hastings, UWashington
:-\ GW, WUSTL, Emory, WashLee, BostonU, Ariz, Minnesota
>:( Gtown, Mich, Nwestern, UIUC, Berk

check01

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 05:36:35 AM »
Towlie, is AZ really that bad?  doesn't seem to be too much positive about them on this board.

Towlie needs to get ideas for his posts FIRST and then get high to reward himself.

Yes the law school is ugly, but I think it's possible that Towlie is projecting from the UA undergrad student body. To say that most of them are lazy, unmotivated, stupid, and wear big stupid sunglasses is an understatement.  Yes, there are litterally thousands of beautiful, beautiful women but a large percentage of them couldn't pass the Trey Parker test of do-ability: knowing the difference between astronomy and astrology.

The law school is different. Look at the numbers and you'll see that basically they're drawing student from the top 80 percent of the applicant pool overall. The instate tuition makes some students turn down admits with $$ at top ten schools. Ahem.  That means the class is not what you'd expect.

For anyone looking to work in Arizona permanently, it is by far -- BY FAR -- the best bang for the buck.  Sure you could go to Harvard, but if you can get into Harvard you'll do just fine in Arizona, except for your crushing debt.

And it's not a far walk to see if you can score with any of the UG girls -- and by "can" I mean "are able to force yourself to endure inane conversations and get swept up in petty little emotional dramas."

Can you tell I'm glad to be walking north of Speedway forever?