Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How long to wait before giving up  (Read 417 times)

midgetpiggyback

• View Profile
How long to wait before giving up
« on: May 06, 2006, 05:12:09 PM »
I've been waiting to hear from UGA for over five months. Should I just give up since I was a borderline candidate to begin with? Or is it a positive sign that they haven't rejected me yet? An acceptance would completely change everything for me, so it was frustrating to talk to the admissions office and have them basically say "we'll get to it when we get to it." Is anyone else in the same boat with any other schools? Has anyone gone longer than six months without hearing anything?

jiggedyjared

Re: How long to wait before giving up
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 05:41:13 PM »
I am currently accepted at... 0 LAW SCHOOLS.  Am I stressed out?  Let's just say every empty mailbox trip is reason to blow my face off.  It sucks... bad. 

stc34

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 10:41:30 PM »
I am currently accepted at... 0 LAW SCHOOLS.  Am I stressed out?  Let's just say every empty mailbox trip is reason to blow my face off.  It sucks... bad. 

Don't take is so seriously.  I'm deferring my acceptance, as do many others.  So clearly waiting a year isn't the end of the world.

doomkitty

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 05:46:19 PM »
I've been waiting to hear from UGA for over five months. Should I just give up since I was a borderline candidate to begin with? Or is it a positive sign that they haven't rejected me yet? An acceptance would completely change everything for me, so it was frustrating to talk to the admissions office and have them basically say "we'll get to it when we get to it." Is anyone else in the same boat with any other schools? Has anyone gone longer than six months without hearing anything?
I am having the same problem with Cal Western, I dont even want to go there anymore, I just want the friggin 39 cent letter.