Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help me pick a class for Fall 06'.  (Read 1012 times)

veg

Re: Help me pick a class for Fall 06'.
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2006, 03:29:36 PM »
Not so at my school. Health/Kines majors had to take it.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2006, 04:02:48 PM »
Take a poetry class focusing on the long 18th century or a lit theory class.  You love it, and you likely won't find either too tough if you're a strong phil student.

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2006, 04:04:05 PM »

Ah.

Yeah, in my school it was part of the Nursing school.  The nursing graduate students were pretty intelligent, but the UGs? Not so much.

Take a poetry class focusing on the long 18th century or a lit theory class.  You love it, and you likely won't find either too tough if you're a strong phil student.

I've noticed a lot of Philosophy majors can't stand English classes.  Why go through all that trouble to analyze why someone uses one type of meter instead of another when you're ultimately interested in the validity of their ultimate point?
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2006, 04:07:01 PM »

Ah.

Yeah, in my school it was part of the Nursing school.  The nursing graduate students were pretty intelligent, but the UGs? Not so much.

I've noticed a lot of Philosophy majors can't stand English classes.  Why go through all that trouble to analyze why someone uses one type of meter instead of another when you're ultimately interested in the validity of their ultimate point?

Hmm...to gain a diff perspective on the material.  Besides, I was an English major that wrote philosphy papers.  Senior thesis was on whether or not Shelley's "Mont Blanc" was representative of the Kantian sublime.   ;)

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »

Ah.

Hmm...to gain a diff perspective on the material. 

Different perspectives are great, but not when they threaten your GPA -- if you haven't already gotten into law school, that is.

Besides, I was an English major that wrote philosphy papers.  Senior thesis was on whether or not Shelley's "Mont Blanc" was representative of the Kantian sublime.   ;)

I don't doubt that it works well in that direction -- I've just noticed that it doesn't always work well in the other. It depends on how sensitive the prof is about reading between the methodological lines.
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2006, 04:20:30 PM »
Legal Research
Persuasive Writing
Symbolic Logic