Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Sonofa....*$&%^#  (Read 269 times)

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
Sonofa....*$&%^#
« on: May 05, 2006, 04:38:25 PM »
My SO just told me that there is NO WAY we can go on our music cruise this winter.  (Jan 2-7)  Last year, I paid for half of his, and he still hasn't paid me back for all of it. The year before, I won my passage on the ship, and he paid for himself.   :-[ :-\ :'(

He was supposed to ask for a raise at work, but chickened out about it b/c he thought they would say no. 

Honestly, I have some stuff I can sell (artwork) to be able to afford to do this.  He has a ton of Star Wars crap (like every action figure ever made still in the package). 

I really want to ask him to sell that stupid *&^% so we can take the only vacation I will be going on for a year. I know I sound like a bi&*h, but I was really looking forward to this.  Why didn't I fall in love with a rich man????? >:( >:( 

/end rant

bender1020

Re: Sonofa....*$&%^#
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 05:19:36 PM »
you dont sound like a female dog.  he should sell some of his stupid toys and do something nice for you. especially since you paid for him last time.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 05:31:42 PM »
Thanks.  I think I just needed to rant somewhere.  I will get over it, but he still had better get rid of some of that crap so we don't have to cart it to LS with us.

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 05:37:33 PM »
Sounds like you're with my ex-roommate from college- totally into all that SW crap but not into doing many exciting things. It sucks you have to give up your vacation because he's reluctant to go with you. Do you have any female friends you could get to come with you instead? Maybe if you tell him you're going anyway he'll round up the cash?

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 05:59:46 PM »
Actually, he really wants to go, he just isn't trying that hard to make it happen.  I am more of a creative problem solver, and he is more of a "let's just accept that this is the case" type of person. 

When I am told "no", I love turning it into "YES"!

->Soon

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 06:08:08 PM »
sell his toys?  are you mad?

Do you really believe in free speech, or just in speech you agree with?

cyberrev

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 06:29:38 PM »
tell him youre going with this guy named rev from lsd.

"just as friends, dont worry"

he'll come up with the cash

fuwaf

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 06:48:35 PM »
tell him youre going with this guy named rev from lsd.

"just as friends, dont worry"

he'll come up with the cash

:D

Seriously, I hate having cheap friends.  Half my friends never pay me back for anything, and the other half act like they're destitute all the time.  So I feel your pain... at least on not getting paid back.  Tell him to sell the toys, or he'll be cuddling with them at night instead of you.  ;)