• MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
Re: Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2006, 06:31:30 AM »
I haven't heard of people who have had a bad experience at University Commons, but no law students live there, at least as far as I know.  I think I know why this is.  IU undergrads have a strong self-selection trait.  If a complex or dorm gets a party reputation, then those that want to party will flock to it and those that won't will avoid it like the plauge.

And I should point out that the Commons isn't nearly as bad as some places because it's not within drunk walking distance of the campus.  I know it seems like I've been really against University Commons for law students, but I want to make sure that I say if you like it there, go for it.

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2006, 12:49:24 PM »
I haven't heard of people who have had a bad experience at University Commons, but no law students live there, at least as far as I know.  I think I know why this is.  IU undergrads have a strong self-selection trait.  If a complex or dorm gets a party reputation, then those that want to party will flock to it and those that won't will avoid it like the plauge.

And I should point out that the Commons isn't nearly as bad as some places because it's not within drunk walking distance of the campus.  I know it seems like I've been really against University Commons for law students, but I want to make sure that I say if you like it there, go for it.

Hmm. Well, thanks for the input. I'll take it under advisement.

« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2006, 12:11:12 PM »
Hey, I will be in Bloomington next year too.  I think I'm going to be living in the Woods its right by the Commons.  I went to Bloomington (and lived in the grove) for undergrad and lived out there by the mall so I'm familiar with the area.  The C bus goes to the commons and it is very reliable however it may get kinda loud there sometimes.  If anyone knows of any other complexes that allow small dogs I would really appreciate your input....
IU was a bit "fratastic" as an undergrad but I've heard from friends in the law school that the environment is a lot different

ecadez

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2006, 12:52:22 PM »
Has anyone heard of the uptown apartments on kirkwood? I'm thinking about staying there, but i don't know much about the area.

« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2006, 02:29:51 PM »
Hey I actually looked at The Uptown yesterday....it was disappointing.  The building itself is in good shape....but you don't have parking.  There is a waitlist to get a city permit for parking and if you don't do that you have to park about 4 blocks away.  The apartments themselves were okay....a little overpriced for what you are getting.  You can't beat the location however....

ecadez

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2006, 02:58:26 PM »
Thanks for the info! Does anyone have any suggestions for apartments that are really close to the law school?

« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2006, 08:54:28 PM »
Hey all!! Feel free to send any questions my way - I'm a B-ton townie

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2007, 10:27:37 AM »
tag for late app

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2007, 11:39:08 AM »
tag for late app

Good bump. I got in there last year but turned them down. Went for a visit, really nice place and really nice people there too. I was all signed up to go until Michigan came calling at the 11th hour.