Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?  (Read 5940 times)

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
Re: Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2006, 08:31:30 AM »
I haven't heard of people who have had a bad experience at University Commons, but no law students live there, at least as far as I know.  I think I know why this is.  IU undergrads have a strong self-selection trait.  If a complex or dorm gets a party reputation, then those that want to party will flock to it and those that won't will avoid it like the plauge.

And I should point out that the Commons isn't nearly as bad as some places because it's not within drunk walking distance of the campus.  I know it seems like I've been really against University Commons for law students, but I want to make sure that I say if you like it there, go for it.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2006, 02:49:24 PM »
I haven't heard of people who have had a bad experience at University Commons, but no law students live there, at least as far as I know.  I think I know why this is.  IU undergrads have a strong self-selection trait.  If a complex or dorm gets a party reputation, then those that want to party will flock to it and those that won't will avoid it like the plauge.

And I should point out that the Commons isn't nearly as bad as some places because it's not within drunk walking distance of the campus.  I know it seems like I've been really against University Commons for law students, but I want to make sure that I say if you like it there, go for it.

Hmm. Well, thanks for the input. I'll take it under advisement.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Elektra0712

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2006, 02:11:12 PM »
Hey, I will be in Bloomington next year too.  I think I'm going to be living in the Woods its right by the Commons.  I went to Bloomington (and lived in the grove) for undergrad and lived out there by the mall so I'm familiar with the area.  The C bus goes to the commons and it is very reliable however it may get kinda loud there sometimes.  If anyone knows of any other complexes that allow small dogs I would really appreciate your input....
IU was a bit "fratastic" as an undergrad but I've heard from friends in the law school that the environment is a lot different
IU-Bloomington it is!

ecadez

« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2006, 02:52:22 PM »
Has anyone heard of the uptown apartments on kirkwood? I'm thinking about staying there, but i don't know much about the area.

Elektra0712

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2006, 04:29:51 PM »
Hey I actually looked at The Uptown yesterday....it was disappointing.  The building itself is in good shape....but you don't have parking.  There is a waitlist to get a city permit for parking and if you don't do that you have to park about 4 blocks away.  The apartments themselves were okay....a little overpriced for what you are getting.  You can't beat the location however....
IU-Bloomington it is!

ecadez

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2006, 04:58:26 PM »
Thanks for the info! Does anyone have any suggestions for apartments that are really close to the law school?

Vannabunny

• LSD Obsessed
    • MSN Messenger - savannah_honey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2006, 10:54:28 PM »
Hey all!! Feel free to send any questions my way - I'm a B-ton townie
High Priestess of the P-Dub Club

talking dirty to vanna is like... like... hitting on the pope or someting

IU-B grad student, working in corporate America

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2007, 12:27:37 PM »
tag for late app

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2007, 01:39:08 PM »
tag for late app

Good bump. I got in there last year but turned them down. Went for a visit, really nice place and really nice people there too. I was all signed up to go until Michigan came calling at the 11th hour.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future