Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?  (Read 5951 times)

nmathe01

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2006, 11:29:04 PM »

[/quote]

Serious? I'm in Mass.
[/quote]

Thats funny.  I am by Portsmouth. 

(didn't think I would see many New Englanders in Bloomington)

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2006, 11:31:26 PM »

Serious? I'm in Mass.
[/quote]

Thats funny.  I am by Portsmouth. 

(didn't think I would see many New Englanders in Bloomington)
[/quote]

I'm by Salem (Mass). Yeah I didn't think I'd see many either, that is pretty cool.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

DougLlewellyn

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2006, 11:35:37 PM »
am I the only one who cares that none of these places are furnished?

I am sure that there are many in your situation.  When I first went to grad school the last thing I wanted to do was haul furniture half-way across the damn country, so I know where you are coming from.  

I am towing a UHaul from New Hampshire - should be a blast...

Yeah, that is a long trip. I am dreading my move.  I have to drive from Atlanta to Washington DC, get everything from my last apartment out of storage, and tow my car out to IN...this is going to suck.  Moving out of my apartment was brutal the last time around.  Seriously, I might have to hire some day laborers to help me load my stuff into the truck.

Summertime in NH is beautiful

nmathe01

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2006, 11:37:22 PM »
am I the only one who cares that none of these places are furnished?

I am sure that there are many in your situation.  When I first went to grad school the last thing I wanted to do was haul furniture half-way across the damn country, so I know where you are coming from.  

I am towing a UHaul from New Hampshire - should be a blast...

Yeah, that is a long trip. I am dreading my move.  I have to drive from Atlanta to Washington DC, get everything from my last apartment out of storage, and tow my car out to IN...this is going to suck.  Moving out of my apartment was brutal the last time around.  Seriously, I might have to hire some day laborers to help me load my stuff into the truck.

Summertime in NH is beautiful

I need to find some day laborers to help me unload...

mthorpe

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Thorpe429
    • View Profile
    • LSN: My split is going to make me the waitlist king...hopefully one will admit me.
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2006, 11:42:38 PM »
I was actually hoping that I would be able to find an unfurnished place since I live so (relatively) close to Bloomingotn and my parents have some extra furniture.  However, I am quite surprised as almost every single apartment here on the UIUC campus is furnished.

To those who commented on the parking: it seems as though free parking is difficult to find, but do you know if there are lots available where I could pay for a spot?
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thorpe429

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2006, 12:44:12 AM »
hey, i might see you guys next year!  iu-b is on my short list of transfer schools (iu-b, uiuc, notre dame,  & wisc) feeding into the chicago mkt. 

have a great 1L year guys.

losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2006, 09:04:14 AM »
I was actually hoping that I would be able to find an unfurnished place since I live so (relatively) close to Bloomingotn and my parents have some extra furniture.  However, I am quite surprised as almost every single apartment here on the UIUC campus is furnished.

To those who commented on the parking: it seems as though free parking is difficult to find, but do you know if there are lots available where I could pay for a spot?

Yeah, coming from so far out as I am I really don't want to have to deal with getting furniture.
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2006, 12:06:45 PM »
hi guys... so poolside huh?  i've never been to bloomington but i guess if i'm going there it really sounds like i need to get down there to see about housing!  does anyone know of cheaper, decent housing?  i was hoping for the $350-$450 range... 

the unfurnished stuff does suck.  thankfully i have a bed and a desk, but it'd be nice to have other stuff (or at least the option!!!). 

:)
Accepted: IU-Bloomington ($), Case ($$), American
Waitlisted: ND, Wash&Lee
Rejected: Northwestern, GWU, UNC

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2006, 12:24:22 PM »
hi guys... so poolside huh?  i've never been to bloomington but i guess if i'm going there it really sounds like i need to get down there to see about housing!  does anyone know of cheaper, decent housing?  i was hoping for the $350-$450 range... 

the unfurnished stuff does suck.  thankfully i have a bed and a desk, but it'd be nice to have other stuff (or at least the option!!!). 

:)

There is housing there in that range from what I saw, but like others have said housing in that range tends to be older and more run downish, and also still unfurnished it seems.  :-\ I wonder if they would let me camp out in the forest next to the school if I brought a tent...  :D :D :D

mthorpe

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Thorpe429
    • View Profile
    • LSN: My split is going to make me the waitlist king...hopefully one will admit me.
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2006, 02:05:36 PM »
I wonder if they would let me camp out in the forest next to the school if I brought a tent...   

That certainly wouldn't be a problem...while visiting their campus it was definitely tough to admit to myself that I might not only be attending a rival school, but that their campus was so much better looking than ours...
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thorpe429