Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?  (Read 5971 times)

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 02:56:55 PM »
:)  Thanks for the great review!  I'm most likely headed to IUB in the fall and I'm definitely excited now!

Welcome! I will likely see you there. :) All of us should try and keep in touch so we know people when we get out there.

Duck...you heading to Indy...nice man...congrats!!!!!

Thanks man! I see you decided on Northeastern, that's awesome! Did they give you some money at least?
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

DougLlewellyn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 09:39:09 PM »
Definitely some of us should try to keep in touch...  I don't really know anyone in Indiana so it'd be great.  :-)  Let me know!

I am going to be in Bloomington for the summer start class.  The first time I ever set foot in Indiana was when I went to visit in March.  I don't know anyone there, so I hope to meet people from the LSD community when we get there.  Anybody on here doing the summer start class?

nmathe01

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 10:00:40 PM »
Doug,

I will be doing the summer start too.  (I think I saw you on a different thread)

send me an email at nmathews01@gmail.com.

I don't know anyone in Bloomington and would love to grab a beer. 

Has anyone set up an IU-B googlegroups email.  If not, I will try to figure out how to do that.

mthorpe

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Thorpe429
    • View Profile
    • LSN: My split is going to make me the waitlist king...hopefully one will admit me.
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 10:21:09 PM »
Has anyone set up an IU-B googlegroups email.  If not, I will try to figure out how to do that.

That would be great if you could do that.

Does anyone know where they're going to be living this fall?  I've been checking around, but have only really been able to find stuff further off campus.  Does anyone know what the main leasing agencies around campus in Bloomington are?
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thorpe429

ecadez

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 10:27:15 PM »
i called the admissions office today and the woman told me that a place called poolside is often called the law school dorms...apparently it is very close to the schoo... i dont know if i'm going to indy, but if i do i'll probably look there.

nmathe01

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 10:34:15 PM »
I set up a googlegroup.  IUlaw. 

(I first did "IndianaLaw" and google said that I couldn't have the word "anal" in my group name - who knew?)

email me - nmathews01@gmail.com  and I can add you to the group.  Not sure if there is an easier way to do this - but its how i have it now.

btw - i am at poolside next year.  600 a month, pretty nice and very close.

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 10:38:10 PM »
I set up a googlegroup.  IUlaw. 

(I first did "IndianaLaw" and google said that I couldn't have the word "anal" in my group name - who knew?)

email me - nmathews01@gmail.com  and I can add you to the group.  Not sure if there is an easier way to do this - but its how i have it now.

btw - i am at poolside next year.  600 a month, pretty nice and very close.

is it furnished?
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

ecadez

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 10:43:17 PM »
what utilities does the 600/month include? is that a competitive price for the market? i haven't really looked much yet...but apparently that sounds like the place to be.

erica

DougLlewellyn

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2006, 10:53:15 PM »
I will be living in Poolside.  I will check again and post again if I am wrong, but I think all utilities except electric are included.

The cost of Poolside is, in my opinion, competitive for the market.  I was determined to find a place within walking distance to the law school.  While there are cheaper options in the neighborhood, the best places are already taken and most of what I was shown was old and poorly maintained.

What I liked best about Poolside, aside from the proximity to the law school, was the supposed absence of noisy undergrads, the parking garage beneath the building (only $30 per month), and the secure entrance.   

nmathe01

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2006, 10:55:10 PM »
It is not furnished.

Here are the details.

595 a month.
650 square feet
1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, living room, kitchen
Gas Heat, water, sewer and trash are included
I am responsible for electric, cable and internet
I pay $30 extra a month for a spot in the garage under the buiding.
2.5 blocks from the LS

I went out to Indiana expecting dirt cheap housing.  You can find that - but the places are dumps.  Poolside was by far the cleanest building - you can tell that the rental agency really looks after their properties.  I looked at at least 5 other similiarly priced places that were no where near as nice as Poolside.

I would imagine that their are good deals on 2 bedrooms near the LS if you get on them early, but I don't think that is an option for most 1L's.  After spending 4 days out there a couple weeks ago - I had no doubt that Poolside was the place for me.  --- And that Bloomington seemed like an awesome time.