Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?  (Read 5978 times)

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?
« on: May 05, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »
Hi all.  I got accepted here.  If you did, too, and are planning on going, what are your thoughts?
Accepted: IU-Bloomington ($), Case ($$), American
Waitlisted: ND, Wash&Lee
Rejected: Northwestern, GWU, UNC

mthorpe

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Thorpe429
    • View Profile
    • LSN: My split is going to make me the waitlist king...hopefully one will admit me.
    • Email
Re: Indiana-Bloomington, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 04:39:46 PM »
I was just accepted off of the waitlist two days ago and am planning on driving down to visit the law school tomorrow.  After that I'l be deciding between IU-B and Chicago-Kent.
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thorpe429

ecadez

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 01:23:03 PM »
possibly, I'm deciding between indiana, ohio state, and minnesota right now.  Has anyone visited the campus? It looks like a really nice campus from the website, but it is hard to know without visiting...

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 01:55:40 PM »
possibly, I'm deciding between indiana, ohio state, and minnesota right now.  Has anyone visited the campus? It looks like a really nice campus from the website, but it is hard to know without visiting...

Hey all!

I'm so glad you asked! I JUST visited IU-B, see my review with some pictures here (it IS a really nice campus): http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,61917.msg1304422.html#msg1304422

also, see this other great review here:
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 12:27:17 PM »
 :)  Thanks for the great review!  I'm most likely headed to IUB in the fall and I'm definitely excited now!

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 01:24:13 PM »
:)  Thanks for the great review!  I'm most likely headed to IUB in the fall and I'm definitely excited now!

Welcome! I will likely see you there. :) All of us should try and keep in touch so we know people when we get out there.
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

mthorpe

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Thorpe429
    • View Profile
    • LSN: My split is going to make me the waitlist king...hopefully one will admit me.
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 12:12:59 PM »
After visiting the campus I will have to agree with what everyone has said - it is absolutely beautiful.  As of now I am 95% sure that I will be at Indiana next year.
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Thorpe429

amaizinbluechick19

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 02:22:27 PM »
Definitely some of us should try to keep in touch...  I don't really know anyone in Indiana so it'd be great.  :-)  Let me know!

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 02:24:47 PM »
Definitely some of us should try to keep in touch...  I don't really know anyone in Indiana so it'd be great.  :-)  Let me know!

Nice! :)

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 02:47:51 PM »

Welcome! I will likely see you there. :) All of us should try and keep in touch so we know people when we get out there.

Duck...you heading to Indy...nice man...congrats!!!!!