Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?  (Read 23624 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2006, 12:57:05 AM »
I'm not going to be mad when I see your username; I'm just going to think you're an idiot.

I'm also going to think that people who want class-based AA to ENTIRELY replace race-based AA are correct.  Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

I don't get why Petitschoque's impolitic approach to this thread or her refusal to indulge your (sarcastic) question about her family's financial history should have any bearing on your feelings about race-based affirmative action.  

Also, I'm sick of all of you calling Petitschoque an idiot and questioning her ability to succeed in law school based upon her arrogance and possible bigotry.  Plenty of incredibly arrogant bigots do just fine in law school.  And I honestly wonder whether you would say these things the way you have been if she were white.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2006, 12:59:47 AM »
I just want to understand your name, once and for all!  Can we settle that?

Mine or Bass'?

Jeez.  Further proof that no one ever really reads my posts.  Neither of yours.  Petitschoque's.  I don't understand the "s."

Do you think I'm completely daft?  Bass was "bass desire" with an avatar of a bass for a very long time.  And Googler?  is that really so difficult? ;)

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 10, 2006, 01:00:34 AM »
I'm not gay, but I'm not good either.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2006, 01:02:56 AM »
I'm not gay, but I'm not good either.

Yeah, lets face facts -- you're pretty worthless. Please go away.

Petitdeleter gets to stay?

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2006, 01:03:53 AM »
I'm not going to be mad when I see your username; I'm just going to think you're an idiot.

I'm also going to think that people who want class-based AA to ENTIRELY replace race-based AA are correct.  Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.

I don't get why Petitschoque's impolitic approach to this thread or her refusal to indulge your (sarcastic) question about her family's financial history should have any bearing on your feelings about race-based affirmative action. 

Actually, it's not sarcastic.  I was trying to get to a somewhat legitimate point about how AA's problems with appropriating others' problems to gain an edge in admissions can start at the individual psychological level.

Also, I'm sick of all of you calling Petitschoque an idiot and questioning her ability to succeed in law school based upon her arrogance and possible bigotry.  Plenty of incredibly arrogant bigots do just fine in law school.  And I honestly wonder whether you would say these things the way you have been if she were white.

It's not a question of arrogance and possible bigotry: it's a question of having to rely on taking quotes out of context in order to create strawmen. 

I think the post at Barely Legal on the difference between arguing and arguments lays it out really nicely.  (I've heard the same thing about law school from other sources, just not nearly as elqouently.)
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2006, 01:03:59 AM »
AA won't end because you refused to hand over your $10 check. And even when it does, what do you think will happen? Successful blacks will just return to the ghetto awaiting your pleasure? Things will go back to the good old days when untalented white people never had to fear competition from their darker betters? We'll all just regress and this time the jews you claim we ungrateful blacks owe everything will withdraw their help and we'll all just wallow in our ignorance until we've learned our lesson? Give me a play by play of exactly what happens in your fantasies.

Somehow I suspect Googler's fantasies don't involve affirmative action but do involve bondage with dominant homoerotic themes, but that's just a guess here.  And I'd say enough with the jew-baiting, but at this point you've got as much credibility as a spokesperson for the nbpp, so what the hell, go wild.

HAHAHA!  I always love how self-proclaimed "tolerant liberals" are always quick to use homosexuality as an insult.

who said it was an insult?  If you're into that, great.

personally, i think that H4CS is just hoping googler's into that.  i've noticed that he has kind of a crush on him.

I hate to disappoint, but homoerotic bondage just isn't my thing. 

don't like bondage?

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2006, 01:05:14 AM »
I suspect many donors don't like it either, they just aren't opposed enough to withhold donations because of it. 

yeah, that was the other thing that i wanted to point out.  it doesn't matter if more than half of them disapprove.  the level of their disapproval also has to reach a point where they wouldn't donate if AA was discontinued.

No, what would have to happen is that the amount of donors who don't like AA and who are willing to withhold donations would have to be greater than the number of donors who would stop giving if AA were removed.  I, for one, would never give to any alma mater if it willingly reversed course on AA (if it were forced by the courts, I'd still probably not.  Hell I'm probably never going to have enough to give, so it's all moot).

I tend to think that the donors who don't support AA probably have more money than those who do.
I tend to think you're wrong. Hence scholarship money allocated to minorities.

Anyway, inspired by your generosity ... I vow to donate a significant portion of my estate to programs and scholarships that will improve diversity (economic, racial or otherwise) within the law. I'll call it the DB fund for legal education. Wealthy spoiled obnoxious white people need not apply (all other whites and any other races are welcome).  :)
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2006, 01:06:10 AM »
H4CS is gay? 

Makes sense; I've noticed virtually all of the good ones are. :'(

<---not gay.

are you excepting me?

No.
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2006, 01:07:51 AM »
Alright, I'm out. Play nice, kids. :)

but who will moderate?!

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 10, 2006, 01:10:19 AM »
Since when do "frat" boys engage in homoerotic bondage?  I thought we rape black strippers and roofie sorority girls?  You need to get your story straight.

No, no, you act out in these ways precisely because of your anguish about repressing your homoerotic desires, see?

Also, it amazes me the way most conservatives can't see past the term "liberal" for people who oppose them.