Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?  (Read 24183 times)

veg

Re: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2006, 04:10:55 AM »
googler is such a cute racist.

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2006, 04:14:47 AM »
Googler,
There ARE black jews.

Yes, but I suspect she is full of *&^%. 
See how narrow minded you are?  You just further prove the point that you are an embarassment to Jewish people everywhere.  IS it not possible to be a URM as well as jewish?  Answer that question, then you get back to me.
There's no homework in Law School

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2006, 04:17:45 AM »
Googler,
There ARE black jews.

Yes, but I suspect she is full of *&^%. 
See how narrow minded you are?  You just further prove the point that you are an embarassment to Jewish people everywhere.  IS it not possible to be a URM as well as jewish?  Answer that question, then you get back to me.

Sorry, it's late, you did answer the question.  Funny how even though you admit that potentially there could be an African-American Jew or an Asian-American Jew you doubt that I am one.  What makes you doubt that googler?  If I was white would you question if I was jewish in response to my post or would you focus on what I actually said?

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2006, 04:44:25 AM »
Sorry, it's late, you did answer the question.  Funny how even though you admit that potentially there could be an African-American Jew or an Asian-American Jew you doubt that I am one.  What makes you doubt that googler?  If I was white would you question if I was jewish in response to my post or would you focus on what I actually said?

these exist?

Oh don't make me hurt you!  You people need a trip to the Bay Area pronto!  Sheesh! I know four without even thinking, but I do understand that is because of where I grew up. However; to ask if "these exist"  is a bit much.   :-\

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2006, 06:04:36 AM »
they exist but VERY VERY Rare
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2006, 07:38:11 AM »
As a jew, you disgust me and it is jews like you that make us all look bad. 

This contains a hilarious, unintentional grammatical error.  It's only hilarious insofar as it's anti-semitic.

I'm not making fun, I just think it's funny how I first (mis)read it.

SCgrad

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2006, 07:52:57 AM »
As a jew, you disgust me and it is jews like you that make us all look bad. 

This contains a hilarious, unintentional grammatical error.  It's only hilarious insofar as it's anti-semitic.

I'm not making fun, I just think it's funny how I first (mis)read it.

nice catch.

SCgrad

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2006, 07:57:42 AM »
to be fair, she could have been referring to him OR herself.

yeah, i read it as referring to herself, but the fact that it could be read that way made it funny and a nice catch on bass' part.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2006, 11:50:51 AM »
to be fair, anti-semitism is also racism.  i can understand if someone who's jewish takes offense when he perceives jews being painted as the bad guys.

I also don't agree that blacks don't owe Jews sh*t (I refuse to use the term African-American).  Look at Brandeis back in the 70's.  The students were almost all Jews or blacks.  In many major cities, the numerous Jewish run charitable organizations (like the Jewish Child Care Association for example) help primarily blacks and Hispanics. 

Jews overwhelmingly support and donate to liberal causes like social programs and affirmative action, which disproportionately benefit blacks, against Jews own interests. 

You keep doing this weird collective responsibility thing that's clearly the basis of anti-semitism.  Holding all Jews responsible for the perceived actions of other Jews in history has been a motivating factor of bigots everywhere.  You ignored my question before (your reading comprehension skills do seem poor enough to make me wonder whether I was right before): What have you done to advance civil rights?

I haven't done anything to advance civil rights, for several reasons.  Firstly, I don't believe that there are any real civil rights problems in this country anymore.  Furthermore, I don't do anything philantrophic when my efforts will go unappreciated.

:D
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2006, 12:01:24 PM »
(I refuse to use the term African-American).

Why?

I actually hate this term also.

I find it pretty disingenuous.  Clearly we only use it to indicate a person of color (which is why a white person from South Africa generally can not consider themselves an African-American), plus not all blacks live in America.

I guess the point when the term jumped the shark in my eyes was when I was watching the 2000 Summer Olympics and I realized how much the term had just replaced "black" in a one-to-one fashion.  The commentators had so completely simply replaced blacks with "African-Americans" that they were referring to Kenyans, Sudanese, Gambians, Ghanans, etc as African-Americans, when most of these people had never set foot on American soil.  It was completely asinine.  I'm all for equality, but I don't see how euphemisms help anyone.

Asian-Americans should be called what, then? "Yellows"? "Slant-eyes"? Some alternative?

I vote for Yellows. It goes with the theme of calling everyone a color.  ;)
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php