Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?  (Read 25175 times)

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2006, 02:54:15 AM »
recovery is temporary, this is a club w/lifetime membership.

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2006, 02:56:13 AM »
Mr. Kennedy?

John Galt

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2006, 02:56:41 AM »
beat me to it, ivy.

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2006, 02:58:41 AM »

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2006, 02:58:51 AM »
Mr. Kennedy?

Which one?
Wait ... Patrick Kennedy does prescription drugs, not alcohol. His daddy is the alcoholic.
Then there was Michael ... he's the one who crashed into a tree, right?

When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2006, 04:14:00 AM »
i didnt read all the arguments but the OP's argument is completly absurd.  Of course i would higher a black lawyer/doctor..i mean AA may help marginally but face it a 152/2.8 no matter what race is not going to get into a top 10 law school

and i've never been a fan of AA but lately im changing opinions of it.. spending 20 years in NYC really warps your views. at the open houses i attened there were like 5 black people for every 2-300 whites.  it was ridiculous. i was completly appalled
she says she's tired of life
everybody's tired of something..

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2006, 04:14:40 AM »
for the record there are tons of white kids that had to work their way through college..myself being one of them

Kittyl30

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2006, 04:17:04 AM »
I certainly wouldn't be less likely to hire a black professional. In fact, the need for AA speaks volumes about society and would thus make me even more likely to hire a fellow black person over anyone else.

I'm personally going to judge everyone's merits individually, but I know numerous people who say they will not go to a black doctor, as blacks routinely get into med schools with 3.0's and 26 MCAT's.

Yea whateverrr. Having a black doctor as a father, I know for a fact that many racist whites talk a good game about not going to this and that minority person in xyz profession but are unsurprisingly full of it. My father broke the virtual monopoly that jewish doctors had over the medical business in the area before we arrived. Funnily enough, the majority of his patients nowadays are snooty white people who begrudge him his wealth even as they come to him because he is more personable and accessible than all the other doctors, and goes the extra mile. They like being treated like his top priority instead of [the] money-making annoyances [that they are]. As racist as they are, they're still attention-whores like most people and will pay to be cooed over by the most attentive and most professional doctor around...even if they hate that he's black and want to pretend he's not their intellectual superior by far. Billing is that much more fun for me when I know the source is an unwilling racist.

Everything I said about my dad--ditto for my equally black mom who's a lawyer with a majority white clientele now.

Face it: Only the most stupid racist (is that redundant?) would choose the rest over the best, especially in something as sensitive as medical or legal care. I wish it were otherwise, if only because racists (and that's what someone who has the audacity to look down on a professional because he/she is black is) deserve bad service.

just to play devil's advocate here...you have a doc and a lawyer for parents with rich clientle.  obviously you never suffered monetarily/were economically disadvantaged. yet your race WILL help you out in admissions processes

not that im saying that a bad thing..just noticing things

SCgrad

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2006, 07:58:14 AM »
If you are such a pretentious female dog that you not only spout off like a snooty, racist, a-hole, but also fail to realize this simple fact when told, then clearly you are a waste of time.  Enjoy your bitter, worthless life.

My! Aren't you a foul mouthed little c*nt? Oh well, the shame isn't on you, it's on that undoubtedly worthless whore-monkey of a slut mother of yours who produced something as uncultured as you and didn't have the decency to beat it to death. If we were face to face, I'd be inclined to bless your scandalous forehead with my spit. As it is, I'll have to settle for telling you the truth about yourself.

dear a-hole,

all the big kids turn the censor off. i can tell i've won becuase you are just trying to make me angry, which is a clear sign that i've done a wonderful job pissing you off.  this pleases me very much, as you very much deserve it. :)  everything i said i can stand by with your words as my evidence.  you are clearly a ginormous tool.  you, on the other hand, are talking about my mama?  you better get off your JHS's library computer so you can catch the short bus home.  oh, and i would bet dollars to donuts that if you were to meet me in real life, you would rethink your plans or face a mighty ass kicking.  female dog. ;D

sincerely,

SC

founder of the "nobody likes you" club

est.- the day you were born  :)

petitschoque

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2006, 08:39:11 AM »
just to play devil's advocate here...you have a doc and a lawyer for parents with rich clientle.  obviously you never suffered monetarily/were economically disadvantaged. yet your race WILL help you out in admissions processes

not that im saying that a bad thing..just noticing things

Hey suzieq, nice catch, I like your style. You're quite right that my parents are well off now however your assumption that I've never suffered monetarily or been economically disadvantaged is wrong. It wasn't so long ago that things were very different for us and I think part of my self-esteem is derived from knowing we turned nothing into a heckuva lot whereas most people in the same income bracket were born with a lot and just stayed there.

Anyway, you're also quite right in saying that my race might have helped me out during admissions and I don't see why it shouldn't have. My past experiences are closely tied to race since Africa's current situation has to do with racism and they make me a Soft Factor Queen in my own right. No shame in my game :)