Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?  (Read 25670 times)

dirtybirdlawboy

• View Profile
Re: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2006, 01:03:08 AM »

Fincavigia is just a racist flame. I take back everything I've said thus far.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2006, 01:54:04 AM »
Hmmm ... I like the weather out here so I guess I'd take the $15k stipend.
I better call LSAC - they must've misunderstood when I self-identified as "other." I meant other in the sense that I am a super-URM (a minority among minorities.)  People of two or more races (non-Hispanic) make up fewer than 2 lawers in 1,000.
Perhaps that will get me twice the money at Stanford?
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2006, 01:56:54 AM »
I made the mistake of thinking I needed a higher LSAT score to go to Stanford.  I hope I can straighten this all out.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

John Galt

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2006, 02:35:42 AM »
"I wasn't aware that this consensus had been reached."---- monili

How could you possibly believe that this consensus has not already been reached? It isn't a coincidence that URM's get into top schools with below average scores. It's not like every URM has an outstanding list of extracurricular activities that compensates for their low scores. It's just a matter of fact, URM's get at least ten points added to their lsat score just for being a minority. Look at the data on lawschoolnumbers.com, that website makes it conclusive that the consensus has in fact been reached and their is no arguing this. Minorities have a much easier time getting accepted to professional schools. Fact. End of discussion.

No, not end of discussion and horrible analysis to support your claim. BTW, to your bolded point, you're a moron.

John Galt

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2006, 02:41:30 AM »
"I wasn't aware that this consensus had been reached."---- monili

How could you possibly believe that this consensus has not already been reached? It isn't a coincidence that URM's get into top schools with below average scores. It's not like every URM has an outstanding list of extracurricular activities that compensates for their low scores. It's just a matter of fact, URM's get at least ten points added to their lsat score just for being a minority. Look at the data on lawschoolnumbers.com, that website makes it conclusive that the consensus has in fact been reached and their is no arguing this. Minorities have a much easier time getting accepted to professional schools. Fact. End of discussion.

No, not end of discussion and horrible analysis to support your claim. BTW, to your bolded point, you're a moron.

Kobe rapes people.  And he is pompous.  And he rapes people too.  Raja Bell for president.

Just wait until next year, Donnie. :P

John Galt

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2006, 02:44:24 AM »
Kobe rapes people.  And he is pompous.  And he rapes people too.  Raja Bell for president.

i can't stop laughing.

bah!

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2006, 02:50:52 AM »
Alcoholics Anonymous?

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2006, 02:51:57 AM »
Alcoholics Anonymous?
I think most lawyers are already in this club. We were talking about it on another thread.

-TMcGraw

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2006, 02:53:08 AM »
Alcoholics Anonymous?
I think most lawyers are already in this club. We were talking about it on another thread.

so sad but so true.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2006, 02:54:07 AM »
Alcoholics Anonymous?

wouldn't that imply that you were on the road to recovery?

Oh. That's right. I don't have a problem with alcohol. I luv the stuff.

-TMcGraw