Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?  (Read 26045 times)

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
Re: Would AA make you less likely to hire a black lawyer/doctor?
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2006, 12:29:54 AM »
What's with petitdeleter?

Petitschoque

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2006, 12:32:32 AM »
Funny how the answer to your question is in the sentence that you conveniently chopped.

Funny how you don't realize the sentence I chopped also leads to the basic question: So what? Exactly what will occur? You'll go home and be bitter about Affirmative Action? You'll apologize to Googler and be his friend again? You'll try your best to hunt me down and send baleful stares my way?

Nothing will happen except you and some others will choke down your anger and hold a grudge, so deal with it. By tomorrow I'll be in a better mood and you'll still be mad when you see my username ;)

Quote from: Lily
Have fun in law school.  Something tells me you're going to have an experience eerily similar to Googler's.

LOL.

People have more power than you think.  I am still amazed that AA exists today.  Think about it.  The country is pretty split between Republicans and Democrats.  Virtually NO republicans support AA, and many Democrats don't either.  I'd venture to say that significantly less than half the population supports the policy, yet it persists.  

It's only a matter of time.  I for one, told my UG school when they asked for donations that I will not give a dollar as long as the school continues to use affirmative action.

How do things like you survive to adulthood?

AA won't end because you refused to hand over your $10 check. And even when it does, what do you think will happen? Successful blacks will just return to the ghetto awaiting your pleasure? Things will go back to the good old days when untalented white people never had to fear competition from their darker betters? We'll all just regress and this time the jews you claim we ungrateful blacks owe everything will withdraw their help and we'll all just wallow in our ignorance until we've learned our lesson? Give me a play by play of exactly what happens in your fantasies.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2006, 12:37:27 AM »
What's with petitdeleter?

people who delete and then come back are weird.

To be fair, I didn't return within 2 days to the same thread of douchebaggery.

Petitschoque

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2006, 12:42:59 AM »
Somehow I suspect Googler's fantasies don't involve affirmative action but do involve bondage with dominant homoerotic themes, but that's just a guess here.  And I'd say enough with the jew-baiting, but at this point you've got as much credibility as a spokesperson for the nbpp, so what the hell, go wild.

Jew-baiting?

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2006, 12:43:38 AM »
I am in fact less likely to go to a doctor if I know he is a recovering alcoholic.

Damn jews.  Jew,Jew,Jew.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2006, 12:44:53 AM »
I just want to understand your name, once and for all!  Can we settle that?
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2006, 12:46:58 AM »

Quote from: lily
Seriously, you're give Googler a semi-legitimate leg to stand on. If you care about affirmative action, you might want to consider the power of silence.

Because if I'm not careful to avoid upsetting the powerful people here...exactly what will happen? Maybe you won't hire me? Or be my friend? You'll snatch away Affirmative Action? :)

Funny how the answer to your question is in the sentence that you conveniently chopped.

Have fun in law school.  Something tells me you're going to have an experience eerily similar to Googler's.

Funny how you don't realize the sentence I chopped also leads to the basic question: So what? Exactly what will occur? You'll go home and be bitter about Affirmative Action? You'll apologize to Googler and be his friend again? You'll try your best to hunt me down and send baleful stares my way?

If you're incapable of reading the sentence I wrote, here's another one: you personify Googler's arguments about why race-based AA should be absolished. 

Also, I suggest you read my posts: even a cursory glance will clearly demonstrate that, until now, I've been a supporter of race-based AA, and I have never been particularly close to Googler. (Here's a hint: personal attacks only work if they're a) accurate, and b) remotely relevant.)

If you can't read this conversation and not realize the absurdity of your posts -- and the fact that you cannot say anything that does not involve a strawman argument -- you need to seriously reconsider law school.  Not for me (because I'm clearly not going to a law school worthy of you ::)), but for your own mental health.  As arrogant as you are, it will crush you. 

Nothing will happen except you and some others will choke down your anger and hold a grudge, so deal with it. By tomorrow I'll be in a better mood and you'll still be mad when you see my username ;)

Riiiight.  Because my posts are clearly filled with anger. ::)

I'm not going to be mad when I see your username; I'm just going to think you're an idiot.

I'm also going to think that people who want class-based AA to ENTIRELY replace race-based AA are correct.  Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

bass

• Sr. Citizen
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2006, 12:50:20 AM »
AA won't end because you refused to hand over your $10 check. And even when it does, what do you think will happen? Successful blacks will just return to the ghetto awaiting your pleasure? Things will go back to the good old days when untalented white people never had to fear competition from their darker betters? We'll all just regress and this time the jews you claim we ungrateful blacks owe everything will withdraw their help and we'll all just wallow in our ignorance until we've learned our lesson? Give me a play by play of exactly what happens in your fantasies.

Somehow I suspect Googler's fantasies don't involve affirmative action but do involve bondage with dominant homoerotic themes, but that's just a guess here.  And I'd say enough with the jew-baiting, but at this point you've got as much credibility as a spokesperson for the nbpp, so what the hell, go wild.

HAHAHA!  I always love how self-proclaimed "tolerant liberals" are always quick to use homosexuality as an insult.

who said it was an insult?  If you're into that, great.

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2006, 12:54:56 AM »
You miss, are a complete and utter moron.

I agree with Googler on something?  :o 

Pretty soon they're going to announce that they developed a medication that makes semen taste like brie.

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2006, 12:56:49 AM »
H4CS is gay? 

Makes sense; I've noticed virtually all of the good ones are. :'(