Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell WL  (Read 20584 times)

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - zenpeaceofmind
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Cornell WL
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2006, 06:19:47 PM »
i got an email admitting me from the waitlist.

it was pretty shady tho:

Good afternoon!  We are delighted to inform you that you have been accepted to the Cornell Law School Class of 2009.  The official packet will be mailed tomorrow, June 16th.  If you are planning on enrolling at Cornell Law School, a $600 registration deposit in the form of a check made payable to Cornell University will need to be postmarked by June 23rd.  Upon receipt of the deposit, information concerning housing, etc. will be mailed to you.  If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call our office at 607-255-5141.  Congratulations!

Linda Humble

Assistant Director of Admissions

Cornell Law School

226 Myron Taylor Hall

Did I just get into Cornell?

yeah, just called to confirm, good sh*t. looks like no scholarships available tho =/

I just got the same email, even though I withdrew a while ago. So, there's one spot they will have to re-fill once I decline it.

;D

Congrats, Zen! Good to know I'll still see you at Penn  :D

Yeah, even if I had really wanted to go to Cornell, with the way I was treated this year by their admissions office, I would have been convinced otherwise. They seem to botch things majorly, but of course, after admissions, you never have to deal with them again...

So good luck to everyone still waiting! Keep the faith.

:)

Milhouse

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2006, 09:14:23 PM »
Hi Zen,

Would you be able to send Cornell a decline e-mail sometime tonight or tomorrow morning?  Maybe if the admissions people receive your e-mail early enough, they'll be able to squeeze in one additional acceptance package tomorrow when they're being mailed out ... which means there'll be good news for at least one more of us!    :D

Thanks and good luck with Penn!

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2006, 11:18:26 AM »
Hi Zen,

Would you be able to send Cornell a decline e-mail sometime tonight or tomorrow morning?  Maybe if the admissions people receive your e-mail early enough, they'll be able to squeeze in one additional acceptance package tomorrow when they're being mailed out ... which means there'll be good news for at least one more of us!    :D

Thanks and good luck with Penn!

Done!

Good luck to you too. I <3 Ithaca ...

:)

shonetone

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2006, 11:29:22 AM »
Odd question....but....someone add cornell said they are going in alphabetic order according to last name.

For those of you who have some sort of a decision(accept,wL, deny) what is the first letter of your last names/do your last names begin with letters early in the alphabet?

ArtieLange

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2006, 12:01:47 PM »
Odd question....but....someone add cornell said they are going in alphabetic order according to last name.

For those of you who have some sort of a decision(accept,wL, deny) what is the first letter of your last names/do your last names begin with letters early in the alphabet?

There's no way this is true...I'm sure it's grouped by LSAT/GPA. Whatever hole they need to fill, they go to their #'s list...

eagles456

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2006, 12:09:49 PM »
i agree - i think it's by numbers first. however my last name starts with "c" so there is always a chance, however i can't imagine why they would ever choose to go through applications that way.

zenpeaceofmind

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2006, 12:12:17 PM »
i agree - i think it's by numbers first. however my last name starts with "c" so there is always a chance, however i can't imagine why they would ever choose to go through applications that way.

Mine's a P/R, so I doubt that's right.

;)

shonetone

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2006, 12:16:06 PM »
i was told on the phone it was done by last name but im not sure anymore if that is true

M DOT

« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2006, 07:28:45 PM »
so im still at decision and was given the run around again today, ie by the end of next week......i wonder if anyone has been rejected from the reserve list yet, i hope they're not saving them for the end

almso

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2006, 07:47:53 PM »
I'm still on the waitlist as well and my status hasn't changed from decision either. I'm thinking (or hoping, at least) that they haven't filled all the open spots yet and they're going through everyone in groups of some sort and as we're reviewed our status changes online.