Law School Discussion

Cornell WL

Re: Cornell WL
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2006, 10:20:34 AM »
any news ppl?

Last time I talked to them (last week) it seemed like there wouldn't be any decisions for a while.  I hope I'm wrong though.

« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2006, 10:33:15 AM »
No news yet. I still haven't gotten my waitlist letter -- how long did it take between going back to 'Decision' and receiving the letter?

lope

« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »
I haven't heard anything from them since the initial reserve list email a few months ago.  I was beginning to think that I might be the only one from the reserve list that they haven't either accepted, wait listed or rejected at this point, but I guess not.  It's good to know that I'm not the only one at least!

« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2006, 11:35:05 AM »
No news yet. I still haven't gotten my waitlist letter -- how long did it take between going back to 'Decision' and receiving the letter?

few days

lope

« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2006, 12:58:47 PM »
just got my summer wait list letter today. 

does anyone know how many people are on the summer wait list?

« Reply #135 on: July 10, 2006, 12:17:26 PM »
I had a summer waitlist interview at Cornell recently.  I left feeling that I would most likely not be attending law school there.  I didn't feel that I interviewed well, but more importantly, I didn't feel like it even mattered.

I took a day off and did a pretty healthy chunk of driving to get there.  When my interviewer finally arrived, he was completely blindsided by one of the secretaries when she informed him that I was there to see him.  He had no idea that he had an interview scheduled, let alone who it was with!  She pulled my file out of the drawer and handed it to him.  He was cheerful about the miscommunication.  He seemed to laugh it off, which gave me the impression that it didn't matter all that much.  He went through the motions in a friendly manner, asking all the standard questions and semi-listening to me stumble over my answers as he perused my file, trying to figure out what the hell this guy in a suit was doing in his office.  I felt stupid for being there and left with the distinct feeling that after an hour of one on one time, my interviewer did not even know my name.  He was very pleasant, but the information I received was generic and off the top of his head.  No specific waitlist info.  No meeting of anyone else.  A quick thanks for coming and I was back on the road (with a parking ticket to show for it!).

You can get an idea of the school's appearance from their site, but in being there, I felt like the rooms were all on top of and interwoven with eachother.  Narrow hallways, bare classrooms, and a very austere atrium seem to define the inside.  Whatever...so it's not the Taj Mahal.  That's not why we go to law school anyway.  We go to get the best possible preparation for a career in the law and, while I'm sure Cornell is a dynamite school where some of you will form strong ties, my first impression was one of disappointment.  To be honest, the feeling was probably mutual.

« Reply #136 on: July 10, 2006, 12:34:54 PM »
Got my summer waitlist letter on Saturday.  I sent it back and told them I wouldn't be staying on.  Good luck everyone!

lope

« Reply #137 on: July 10, 2006, 12:39:19 PM »
hey deuce, sorry to hear the interview wasn't that great.  that sucks that you took a day off and the guy didn't even know you were coming.  i was just wondering, did they ask you to come for an interview or did you ask them?  thanks

« Reply #138 on: July 10, 2006, 12:57:34 PM »
lope, thanks for the kind words.  It was me that asked them for the interview, after hearing they're granted to summer waitlist candidates.

lope

« Reply #139 on: July 10, 2006, 02:16:21 PM »
thanks very much for the info deuce.  where are you planning on attending if not cornell?