Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cornell WL  (Read 20750 times)

M DOT

Re: Cornell WL
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 11:43:12 AM »
so is anyone on the reserve/wl as crazed about cornell as me? im pretty sure today is when their second deposit is due and although i was told we'd be hearing from them early-mid june which is just around the corner i cant help but think/wish/dream that they'll be a lil bit quicker and let us know before the week is out, this is unbearable especially since they barely admitted anyone last cycle off of the wl

i just wanna know  :-[

schneri

• Sr. Citizen
  • BC '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 11:55:29 AM »
yup total stress situation, planning for all eventualities... lucky work is keeping me busy so don't sitaround all day thinking about all 'what ifs'.

Good luck to all, and hope we meet at cornell in a couple of months...

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 12:08:32 PM »
Can anyone confirm that theres no chance of getting money, coming off a waitlist?  Or is it unlikely but possible?
University of Virginia '09

M DOT

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 12:09:32 PM »
i was told that there will be money, need base/grant available if youre comming off of the wl and qualify

as436

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 12:10:42 PM »
yea def no merit money... if you are in atuva, why even consider cornell
ann arbor or palo alto next year.. cu in school biatches

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=as436

http://cornell.facebook.com/profile.php?id=403139 - send me a message if you are going to UMich next year

M DOT

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 12:12:31 PM »
good to know im not the only one, and i'll be at uconn if cornell doesnt come through and it really doesnt help that there's such a huge difference in quality (in my eyes) between the two schools, im putting off apt searching til the last minute, luckily im told you can still find a decent place in hartford in august

Lex, I totally feel the same way. I am obsessing over the WL like crazy, and it doesn't help that any plans I make before I hear from them are tenative cause I could be called off the list at any time. I mean the thought of signing a lease at the school I am planning on going to now and then having to get out of it last min...grrr...so stressful!!! Where are you ending up if Cornell doesn't bite?

Evo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Miami Skyline
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 12:14:15 PM »
yea def no merit money... if you are in atuva, why even consider cornell

I would consider Cornell if they gave me money (im getting nothing at uva).  I'll probably call the admissions office today to confirm this, then withdraw.
University of Virginia '09

M DOT

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 12:21:41 PM »
duck, have you sent anything extra? i feel like i should already know this but there's been a few reserve/wl threads

M DOT

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 12:36:11 PM »
limbo is the truth, as for myself i had sent in a letter right before i received the reserve letter b/c i had been complete for months and the wait didnt make sense, i visited in april to make sure ithaca was a place i could see myself at for 3 years and it def sealed the deal. then i sent in another letter reaffirming my interest and just had an extra rec sent in from a former employer. so i've basically exhausted all avenues seeing that i graduated 3 years ago and won't be promoted or doing anything extraordinary over the summer.....

so i too sit in limbo and ponder the possibilities

wclegal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 01:20:41 PM »
I'll be withdrawing from Cornell today, so hopefully one of you can take my seat.