Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Powerscore weekend THIS weekend in NYC  (Read 1373 times)

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Powerscore weekend THIS weekend in NYC
« on: August 09, 2004, 10:50:27 PM »
Even though I am in the middle of a full length Kaplan class, I can hardly wait for this weekend.  Anyone else here on the board going to be there?

NYKnicks

Re: Who's taking Powerscore weekend THIS weekend in NYC?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 10:52:36 PM »
That'd be me, I'll be there.

SaTaNBuGG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Who's taking Powerscore weekend THIS weekend in NYC?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 03:03:09 AM »
im in the middle of PR but still going this weekend.  hope it helps as many here say it does.

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Powerscore weekend THIS weekend in NYC
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 09:56:26 PM »
So, what did you guys think?

I think it was worthwhile for the most part.  I really feel like I learned some important points for LR.  I can't say yet on games or RC, but still a lot of practice ahead.

The course is/was far too short, I think, as we absolutely FLEW through the material.  Lots of homework that seems very worthwhile, though.  Worth the $350, I think, but the $1100 on the full length course is likely the better investment.

And the instructor John was excellent for the most part.  He took the time to talk to me for almost 20 minutes after the class ended on Saturday, so that was nice.

Any thoughts?

NYKnicks

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 10:00:52 PM »
I'd say it was overall decent. I'm hoping I can just lace up the LR now after hearing some of the strategies. RC they really didn't say much, but I guess thats fine. Wish I signed up for the full length course. Personally for me their games setups are too time consuming and I do it better my own way, but hey thats just me.

SaTaNBuGG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 10:17:38 PM »
Reindeer, were you the one in the front row far left? If so, what are your tactics.  Dude was done while i was still diagramming.

It was defenitely too short to cover the LSAT completely.  Though i did get a better understanding of the LR section; my worst section.  Better than the PR course im currently in.  Either way ill be buying the LR Bible.  Hope its as good as the Games Bible.

NYKnicks

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 10:22:25 PM »
Haha, you made a good guess, how'd you figure out that was me?

My tactics, hmm, I dunno how well they work for others, but I more or less just figure out the conditions, write them on the side, make a little diagram, and jump straight in. I do my questions mainly through creating hypotheticals while keeping in mind the conditions, so that way the farther I go in, the more examples I have. I'm not so sure this works for a lot of people though, but for me, doing it in this weird and whacked way lets me finish most games in about 6-7 minutes.

I think they did a better job with LR though, but hey, thats my opinion.

Which one were you?

Reindeer, were you the one in the front row far left? If so, what are your tactics.  Dude was done while i was still diagramming.

It was defenitely too short to cover the LSAT completely.  Though i did get a better understanding of the LR section; my worst section.  Better than the PR course im currently in.  Either way ill be buying the LR Bible.  Hope its as good as the Games Bible.

thebengalgent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 10:32:18 PM »
Reindeers,

What was up with that guy next to you taking naps after every question?  John was getting irked about that.

I'd love to be able to that on the games like you.  LR is by far my best section, and RC and Games my weakest. 

NYKnicks

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 10:35:14 PM »
hahahaha, that was my friend, he signed up for the course in hopes of taking the LSAT again, but he recently got off the waitlist at Seton Hall I think. He was pretty apathetic, lol.

Reindeers,

What was up with that guy next to you taking naps after every question?  John was getting irked about that.

I'd love to be able to that on the games like you.  LR is by far my best section, and RC and Games my weakest. 

SaTaNBuGG

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 10:41:19 PM »
I was sitting right behind you.  Thats why i noticed.  I was on question one while you were alrady done!!  I was thinking, "WTF am i doing wrong??"  I do agree with you that PS LG tactics are a bit long but ill keep with them for a bit untill i build up some speed.  They are  much better than Princeton's "grid" system.