Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Laptop backpack  (Read 1806 times)

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Laptop backpack
« on: May 03, 2006, 09:47:32 PM »
So I'm new to needing to carry a laptop with my books, I don't think my backpack would cut it, at least not just my backpack.

Are you guys planning on carrying a backpack and a laptop bag, or just one?  Just wondering what I need to get for my laptop now...

I posted this topic a while back, I thought it might be helpful to update it.
I found this recommended from somewhere else http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001H27PS/sr=8-1/qid=1149221027/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-7974371-8373567?%5Fencoding=UTF8
This backpack seems great, a lot of space, especially for the low price.

caligal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Laptop backpack
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »
i am getting this one...a little pricey but i read on a forum somewhere that a law student had this bag and was able to fit all but one casebook, her laptop, water, notebook, calendar and other odds and ends in this bag.  she even had pictures to prove it.  even if you dont want one so big, their bags are supposed to be great and durable.  they even sell cases that fit within the bags to protect your laptop from getting broken pressing against books.  no matter what bag you end up with, i recommend getting something to protect your laptop because pressing it against books in a bag can crack the screen. good luck!

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0104

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 02:15:22 AM »
i just ordered a padded sleeve and will just use the padded sleeve w/one of my old backpacks
Does the padded sleeve seem like it will be enough to protect it well?

My backpack is old, but it may be a cheap route...

"Legapp" Stands for "Legal Application"

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »
So I have this rather nice backpack bag from the school where I work, which as it happens is not the school I'll be attending ... is it bad to use it for my school?
I am officially a law school graduate : )

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 11:05:33 PM »
probably not, but it might depend on how obvious the school name is on the bag. i'm guessing based on a few of your posts that i know where you work... and i don't think the schools are directly competitive enough for it to be a really bad thing. (unlike, e.g., wearing columbia gear at nyu)

Perhaps you could get more use of out it than I  ;)

It's prominent... they're given out to admitted students.... you'll see.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 11:57:40 PM »
oo, sweet! i do love free stuff. but you may get to use it yet... i'm surprised they were so lame with their decision so far. good luck. :)

Actually, I withdrew... it's time for a change, plus I loved Penn when I went to visit.  Time for a break from NYC rent!  :)

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 12:43:30 AM »
So I have this rather nice backpack bag from the school where I work, which as it happens is not the school I'll be attending ... is it bad to use it for my school?

I have a sweater that I will be giving to my lil bro.

I say take the name off and keep the backpack :)

Law2k6

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 03:43:38 AM »
i am getting this one...a little pricey but i read on a forum somewhere that a law student had this bag and was able to fit all but one casebook, her laptop, water, notebook, calendar and other odds and ends in this bag.  she even had pictures to prove it.  even if you dont want one so big, their bags are supposed to be great and durable.  they even sell cases that fit within the bags to protect your laptop from getting broken pressing against books.  no matter what bag you end up with, i recommend getting something to protect your laptop because pressing it against books in a bag can crack the screen. good luck!

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TB0104

Nice!
U.Va. Law, J.D. 2009

ivywhore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 04:12:20 AM »
I'm just going to bring my desktop and wheel it around on a cart

pipskicks

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile