Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 16 year old here (me ) needs help writing his entrance essays :)  (Read 1265 times)

afterskate

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 16 year old here (me ) needs help writing his entrance essays :)
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »
what the hell is so funny? seriously

Tell me what you know about image hosting.

A lot, my bro is mainly into it and we have an image host actually. Why did you ask this?

Because you're 16, and Thou is an old man.  He needs the younger generation to teach him how to use these gosh-darn picture boxes with their e-internet and whathaveyou.

hahahaha. I am honestly re-thinking if law interests me for the following reasons.
 1) your sense of humor
 2) topics not revelant to law on this board
 3) complete BS posted on here when a legitimate honest question is asked.

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 07:18:32 PM »

A lot, my bro is mainly into it and we have an image host actually. Why did you ask this?

Because I know all.
Law is surprisingly false tolerant.

2004-2012, Thou

fuwaf

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 07:19:36 PM »

Because you're 16, and Thou is an old man.  He needs the younger generation to teach him how to use these gosh-darn picture boxes with their e-internet and whathaveyou.

hahahaha. I am honestly re-thinking if law interests me for the following reasons.
 1) your sense of humor
 2) topics not revelant to law on this board
 3) complete BS posted on here when a legitimate honest question is asked.

Believe me, you will rethink law for many more reasons before it comes time to apply.  If you really want an answer, you should go the Personal Statement board.  We're all silly here.

Apples and Oranges

• Sr. Citizen
  • My puppy
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MissPalmboom
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 07:20:18 PM »
Hi,

I'm 16 and trying to get into an Aviation High School. Requires an essay (minimum of three paragraphs) approx 500 words and another 300 word essay. I want to get these done tonight and have started. Law/College students are always smart and I always read these forums. I didn't really post because I'm a lot younger. Law is next, but right now I am doing aviation. Please help me out by giving me advice on how to persuade someone to accept me/describe myself.

I have aim and msn, so it would be great if we could talk live.

Okay fine, serious response:

Be honest.

If your self-description is trite, that will show.  I would assume for your little pilot class, an appropriate response may be to explain (a) what you bring to the table and (b) why you want to go there.
It's a school where you take ALL of your classes until you graduate there. Very hard to get into, and it is very rigorous/ college preparing. I REALLY want to get in.
For the essay here is what it asks to write about

"tell us what interests or inspires you about aviation and aerospace"
"explain your future education plans"
"share your hopes for your lifelong work and career; and include any other information that you feel is relevant to your application"

Well, if those are the questions there is really no way anyone here could be of help? Those are definitely personal answers, and once you have them, you should be able to write an essay about it no problem.

There are topics here not about law because this is the 'Off Topic Board.' There are, of course, other 'on topic' boards elsewhere.

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 07:21:12 PM »

Because you're 16, and Thou is an old man.  He needs the younger generation to teach him how to use these gosh-darn picture boxes with their e-internet and whathaveyou.

Ha ha ha, silly tra, you and I both know I have ISP tech support experience.  I was testing his knowledge / startling him with mine.

2004-2012, Thou

Thou

• Sr. Citizen
  • I am LSD
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 07:22:44 PM »
Or--you could try posting here:   www.xoxohth.com.  They are really helpful over there.  Promise.

lololololololololololol...I really want him to be a 16 year old kid now.

2004-2012, Thou

aryels

• "I think I know the formula..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 07:25:27 PM »

When you're in your 20's, you'll find this funny too.  

You want actual advice?  Go back to the main index, find the "Personal Statement" board.  People over there tend to be much more helpful and much less sarcastic than the people down here on this board.

And when you mature past your twenties you will realize that those twenty year old pre law students are a bunch of stuckup idiots.

First of all, to get into Aviation school, I suppose you need to find the appropriate school and determine what sort of  GPA  you will need.
Secondly, to satisfy the goofballs on this board, you might need to mention that you are a serious student and not making a muslim joke about flight school.

Now, for some fun...visit your highschool career counselor, and academic advisor if you have one. Make him/her actually do something such as finding some of the necessary information.
If you need to write a statement for consideration of acceptance into a school, you need to determine your goals and desired career and tell why you need the education to reach those goals. You will probably also want to disclose your accomplishments and awards--in school, the community, clubs etc. You might want to mention that you have wanted to attend aviation school since you were five years old, how you were inspired by your uncle the airline pilot, or by your older sibling who is flying US fighter jets, or when you started flying remote control planes, etc.

Good luck

"I enjoy being in school. I've learned so much already, with taking economics and law, and I have marketing and statistics coming up next."

bender1020

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 07:25:41 PM »

Or--you could try posting here:   www.xoxohth.com.  They are really helpful over there.  Promise.

this is evil.

love it. :D

ms

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 07:26:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm 16 and trying to get into an Aviation High School. Requires an essay (minimum of three paragraphs) approx 500 words and another 300 word essay. I want to get these done tonight and have started. Law/College students are always smart and I always read these forums. I didn't really post because I'm a lot younger. Law is next, but right now I am doing aviation. Please help me out by giving me advice on how to persuade someone to accept me/describe myself.

I have aim and msn, so it would be great if we could talk live.

Okay fine, serious response:

Be honest.

If your self-description is trite, that will show.  I would assume for your little pilot class, an appropriate response may be to explain (a) what you bring to the table and (b) why you want to go there.
It's a school where you take ALL of your classes until you graduate there. Very hard to get into, and it is very rigorous/ college preparing. I REALLY want to get in.
For the essay here is what it asks to write about

"tell us what interests or inspires you about aviation and aerospace"
"explain your future education plans"
"share your hopes for your lifelong work and career; and include any other information that you feel is relevant to your application"

Honestly that third question is really bad. Asking a 16 year old to write out any sort of life plan hardly seems fair. If you are looking for writing advice future lawyers might not be the best people to ask. Lawyers are notoriously boring writers. If this is a legit question, then I would say just make sure the essay conveys who you are. Find your voice, and write with it. You obviously care about getting in if you would ask. Also write the essay, take a couple days and go back and read it to yourself. If you get outside criticism only use it to edit. Do not get someone else to include any new things. The essay should be you. 

cyberrev

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 09:05:49 AM »

this is evil.

love it. :D

leave him alone wally, he's just a kid