Law School Discussion

HOFSTRA

Re: HOFSTRA
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 07:33:16 PM »
cool. nice to meet you. what other law schools did you get into?

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 07:37:06 PM »
I got into St. John's and Touro...I only applied to 5 schools lol, I really wanted to stay in the NY area, and the thought of commuting into Manhattan every day didn't sound too appealing (too much stress on top of all the school stress). I tried for Fordham but got deferred and then rejected.

I had a little bit of a hard time deciding between St. John's and Hofstra, but I think I made the right choice.   :)

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2006, 07:38:25 PM »
I see. I got waitlisted at St. Johns. I had trouble deciding between Pace and Hofstra but chose Hofstra. What do you like more about Hofstra than St. Johns? I'm from Brooklyn by the way.

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2006, 07:38:53 PM »
chevelle,

I'm from Massapequa as well.  North Massapequa to be exact.  Did you go to high school in the area?

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2006, 07:39:24 PM »
what about you cmedici, where else did you get accepted to and whyd you choose hofstra over them?

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2006, 07:40:34 PM »
cool, i'm from brooklyn. hows the legal market in long island? do you think hofstra is better than NYLS?

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2006, 07:45:58 PM »
chevelle,

I'm from Massapequa as well.  North Massapequa to be exact.  Did you go to high school in the area?

lol, I am from there too. I went to Plainedge....I graduated in 1999 though.

I see. I got waitlisted at St. Johns. I had trouble deciding between Pace and Hofstra but chose Hofstra. What do you like more about Hofstra than St. Johns? I'm from Brooklyn by the way.

I was more impressed by Hofstra's faculty, I liked the area and campus better, and I am really interested in Health Law and Bioethics, St. John's doesn't seem to do much with that, and Hofstra has a faculty member who is a successful bioethicist and they are even having a Biotechnology and the Law forum next year. I just felt like Hofstra was an overall better fit for me.

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2006, 07:49:26 PM »
I went to Farmingdale High School.  Graduated back in 1997.  I guess we live on opposite sides of Broadway.  :)

help

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2006, 10:20:44 AM »
Does anyone know anything about the curve, or competitive nature of student body?

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2006, 12:30:42 PM »
for those who like rankings, Hofstra is better ranked than NYLS.  And there are great alum connections with city firms.  But it all depends on each person, and what environment in right for them.   :)