Law School Discussion

Trying to figure out appropriate targets and chances

dukenukem

Re: Trying to figure out appropriate targets and chances
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 04:40:47 PM »
I hope you are calcuating those "W's" and "I's" as "F's" like LSDAS does. That can really suck for your GPA.

I think with a 3.2/174 you should be able to get into a couple T20's. HY are donations unless you are a URM.

Oof. I've been counting Is as 0.0s (one of the reasons my GPA was as low as 2.35 was the number of Is on my transcript).

For whatever reason I had gotten the impression that Ws weren't included when calculating GPA (though I've assumed that they will nonetheless be noted by Adcomms).

If Ws count as 0.0 GPA anchors, then forget it, I'm going to be shooting for UConn or Vermont and applying mostly to 3rd and 4th tier schools. My old Ws entering into the LSDAS GPA would easilly drop my GPA by .5 or even a touch more.

If so.... just never mind on everything, unfortunately. Dunson gets his wish.

i always win.

Da5id

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 07:31:57 PM »
It looks like they will only count them negatively if there is some punitive component, such as Withdraw/Fail (WF) or various other circumstances:

I may dodge the bullet then. At my school they don't seem to be punative.... they're simply "W" or "W12" (indicating week of withdrawal).

I'd better double-check though.

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 08:03:20 PM »
I don't know what your odds are, but I wanted to tell you that I wish you the best of luck. I completely disagree with the comments made by Dunson, and I think it is ridiculous that he would be so judgmental of the problems that you have had, especially after doing poorly on the LSAT because of a hangover. You should put in applications at a lot of schools and just see where you get in, imo. I think you've got a good chance.

ACK!

• RESIST THE EARTHQUAKE! REUNITE GONDWANALAND!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2006, 01:25:49 PM »
You should put in applications at a lot of schools and just see where you get in, imo. I think you've got a good chance.

I agree with that. Splitters have to send out more apps since it's harder to tell who's going to take the bait.

YES! I got into 4 schools out of 14. But you only need one...  :)