Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

if you had $10,000,000 would you still go to law school?

yes
 29 (76.3%)
no
 9 (23.7%)
bubble monkey
 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: if you had $10,000,000 would you still go to law school?  (Read 1036 times)

bender1020

Re: if you had $10,000,000 would you still go to law school?
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »
I have a coworker who doesn't believe in interracial marriage.  I would really have been happy to never know this, and I'm honestly not sure how we happened upon the topic, but yeah. 

doesn't believe in it, like it doesn't exist-- or doesn't believe it's right or okay?

:D :D :D :D

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »
i would still want to become a lawyer.  the money would just allow me to fund my own campaign for public office.  power AND influence.
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

john83

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 10:00:43 PM »
I have a coworker who doesn't believe in interracial marriage.  I would really have been happy to never know this, and I'm honestly not sure how we happened upon the topic, but yeah. 

doesn't believe in it, like it doesn't exist-- or doesn't believe it's right or okay?

Just doesn't believe it's right or okay.  Yet her husband's sister is in an interracial marriage.... I don't know why I expected differently, since it is central VA... but I did.

i actually worry that a lot of alabama girls will think this.

bender1020

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 10:02:02 PM »
yes. my workplace is all college grads. it is very prestigious.  it is located in trenton, nj, by the way.  :D

Haha

I voted yes

I would do lots of dorky things really

are you questioning the prestige of the capital of the garden state?

john83

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 10:03:16 PM »
:D

Ok, I shouldn't laugh.

If it makes you feel better, my coworker didn't seem to have an issue with white-asian matches... just white-black.  Go figure.

i think it's a legitimate fear. but i'm sure there are lots of girls in alabama who don't think like that. not that i need a white girl, necessarily, but i won't have many other options...  :D :D

john83

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 10:04:22 PM »

Ok, I shouldn't laugh.

If it makes you feel better, my coworker didn't seem to have an issue with white-asian matches... just white-black.  Go figure.

i think it's a legitimate fear. but i'm sure there are lots of girls in alabama who don't think like that. not that i need a white girl, necessarily, but i won't have many other options...  :D :D

What about black girls?  Black-asian babies are usually really cute.

i've never dated a black girl. i would like to.

MrSmittie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Rebel Law - why what happens in Vegas stays here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 10:05:01 PM »
I voted yes.

My wife and I actually had a similar conversation when I first told her I wanted to go to LS. She asked, "If you could choose between going to Law school and being a successful author, would you still want to go to law school?" I told her that I would, and in fact, I would still go if I hit the Lotto. I would however, practice on a primarily pro bono basis. It was only when I truly asked myself this question and honestly answered it in the affirmative, that I decided that I would indeed pursue the course.
1L Boyd Law - UNLV
I'm so old - I went to preschool with God.

bender1020

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 10:05:17 PM »

Ok, I shouldn't laugh.

is the law campus with the UG campus?

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 10:06:03 PM »
I'd definitely go to law school if I had millions. It would just be a LOT less stressful. And I would have so many more career options.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

john83

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 10:06:20 PM »

Ok, I shouldn't laugh.

is the law campus with the UG campus?

yes. well, near it. i'll see lots of UGs at the bars and such i'm sure.