Law School Discussion

Poll

if you had $10,000,000 would you still go to law school?

yes
29 (76.3%)
no
9 (23.7%)
bubble monkey
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 31

if you had $10,000,000 would you still go to law school?

bender1020

Re: if you had $10,000,000 would you still go to law school?
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »
I have a coworker who doesn't believe in interracial marriage.  I would really have been happy to never know this, and I'm honestly not sure how we happened upon the topic, but yeah. 

doesn't believe in it, like it doesn't exist-- or doesn't believe it's right or okay?

:D :D :D :D

shaz

• University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »
i would still want to become a lawyer.  the money would just allow me to fund my own campaign for public office.  power AND influence.

john83

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 08:00:43 PM »
I have a coworker who doesn't believe in interracial marriage.  I would really have been happy to never know this, and I'm honestly not sure how we happened upon the topic, but yeah. 

doesn't believe in it, like it doesn't exist-- or doesn't believe it's right or okay?

Just doesn't believe it's right or okay.  Yet her husband's sister is in an interracial marriage.... I don't know why I expected differently, since it is central VA... but I did.

i actually worry that a lot of alabama girls will think this.

bender1020

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 08:02:02 PM »
yes. my workplace is all college grads. it is very prestigious.  it is located in trenton, nj, by the way.  :D

Haha

I voted yes

I would do lots of dorky things really

are you questioning the prestige of the capital of the garden state?

john83

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 08:03:16 PM »
:D

Ok, I shouldn't laugh.

If it makes you feel better, my coworker didn't seem to have an issue with white-asian matches... just white-black.  Go figure.

i think it's a legitimate fear. but i'm sure there are lots of girls in alabama who don't think like that. not that i need a white girl, necessarily, but i won't have many other options...  :D :D

john83

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2006, 08:04:22 PM »

Ok, I shouldn't laugh.

If it makes you feel better, my coworker didn't seem to have an issue with white-asian matches... just white-black.  Go figure.

i think it's a legitimate fear. but i'm sure there are lots of girls in alabama who don't think like that. not that i need a white girl, necessarily, but i won't have many other options...  :D :D

What about black girls?  Black-asian babies are usually really cute.

i've never dated a black girl. i would like to.

MrSmittie

• Rebel Law - why what happens in Vegas stays here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2006, 08:05:01 PM »
I voted yes.

My wife and I actually had a similar conversation when I first told her I wanted to go to LS. She asked, "If you could choose between going to Law school and being a successful author, would you still want to go to law school?" I told her that I would, and in fact, I would still go if I hit the Lotto. I would however, practice on a primarily pro bono basis. It was only when I truly asked myself this question and honestly answered it in the affirmative, that I decided that I would indeed pursue the course.

bender1020

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 08:05:17 PM »

Ok, I shouldn't laugh.

is the law campus with the UG campus?

dbgirl

• View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 08:06:03 PM »
I'd definitely go to law school if I had millions. It would just be a LOT less stressful. And I would have so many more career options.

john83

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 08:06:20 PM »

Ok, I shouldn't laugh.

is the law campus with the UG campus?

yes. well, near it. i'll see lots of UGs at the bars and such i'm sure.