Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: i cant take this suspense.  (Read 4085 times)

bobfett33

Re: i cant take this suspense.
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 03:11:52 PM »
I keep trying to be optimistic, but I'm starting to be concerned that the longer they take the less interested they are in me.

Aw, Kattiewitch, don't feel like this!  To look at it from another perspective, in this case no news is good news - if you haven't heard anything, it means you haven't been rejected!

Ithacabomber

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 03:20:16 PM »
Aw, Kattiewitch, don't feel like this!  To look at it from another perspective, in this case no news is good news - if you haven't heard anything, it means you haven't been rejected!

b-fett this is an awesome uplifter...thank you. Your d**mn right we havent been rejected yet, which means that something could be going on in our favor.

Melissa I appreciate your kind words and offerings. I am in NY and would never ever consider practicing in Cali. But besides Cali I would go anywhere really. I have applied to SYR STETSON UNIV OF BALT ST LOUIS CAMPBELL STCL and I just didnt want to dive into the tier 4 too much because I believe that...despite my LSAT school I have much to offer a good law school. Thanks for your support guys and keep me updated on those wonderful letters!

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 05:58:52 PM »
Thanks for the uplifting words.  I don't know why this process feels so stressful, but I think we could all use a little cheerleading.
Melissa-I was accepted with aid at Capital U., U of Cinncinati, and Ohio Northern.  I haven't heard from Ohio State, Case Western, or U of Dayton.  If you can't tell I applied solely to Ohio schools based on geographical convenience.

Ithacabomber

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 06:05:50 PM »
Kattie nice to here about your progress. If you dont mind I was wondering your stats? UGPA LSAT? Thanks a bunch. Keep your teeth off your nails and smile! ;D

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 07:23:44 PM »
My LSAT is 163, my GPA is a little harder.  I transferred a couple times as an undergrad, and had a 2.98 and a 3.1 before I went to my degree granting school where I had a 3.76.  I also have a Masters and had a 3.67 GPA.  I don't know how they would go about weighing all that information.
Good Luck everyone!

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2004, 12:36:06 PM »
kattiewitch- even if you dont get into the schools you havent heard from, at least you can rest assured that you are going to law school because you got into three.  So congrats are in order just for that accomplishment!

at this point.... i just hope my first letter is an acceptance.  if i know that i got in SOMEWHERE, and taht i am DEFINETLY going to go to a law school, wherever it is, that will make any rejection letters that follow a little less dissapointing.  I know that I can always transfer, and if i dont get into my first choice school, all hope isnt lost as long as I get in SOMEWHERE, and i do great in my first year so i can trasfer out if im miserable.  even though i doubt that will be the case, because i can easily adapt to most places and get the most out of the education.

anyway, the point of that whole rambling was, i really hope my first letter is an acceptance, not a rejection.

congrats again on your acceptance to those three schools :)
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**

kattiewitch

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2004, 08:37:39 PM »
melissa-your numbers are good, very respectable.  I would be surprised if you didn't get into at least one of your 12 schools.  it seems like some schools are just really slow.  I hope you get an acceptance letter soon, and you should definitely brag a little and let us know when you do.

bill bradsky

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 01:38:29 PM »
This past weekend, I came home to find a thin letter from my safety school.  I stood on my porch for several minutes realizing how utterly unprepared I was to emotionally deal with a rejection from this school.  Eventually, I opened it to find an acceptance.  This process is quite unnerving.  Good luck everyone

waiting

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2004, 03:19:59 AM »
This past weekend, I came home to find a thin letter from my safety school.  I stood on my porch for several minutes realizing how utterly unprepared I was to emotionally deal with a rejection from this school.  Eventually, I opened it to find an acceptance.  This process is quite unnerving.  Good luck everyone

Heh, I've thought about that... what if I don't get in ANYWHERE? Uh-oh...

Still waiting on anything, from anybody.  172/2.9 are my numbers, I've just hoping to get into somewhere in Chicago, for God's sake .

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2004, 10:08:14 AM »

I had the same "thin envelope" phobia!  Most people just assume that their acceptances will be in thick envelopes, with information about housing and financial aid.

Well, im here to put that myth to rest.   ;D

My first thin letter was a rejection... totally giving truth to the myth.  My next envelope was thick... i was sure it was an acceptance.... but no... it was a wait list.  My next two envelopes were thin.... and they were acceptances.

So the myth of the thick vs thin envelopes is false..... you'll never know what your status is until you open the envelope.  Just do it sitting down....
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**