Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Here's Another One: Howard vs. Case Western...  (Read 1736 times)

faith2005

Re: Here's Another One: Howard vs. Case Western...
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2006, 10:23:02 PM »
on second thought--i need to study...i can really only let you know about the area... :D

Bethie204

• Mmmm... Prince. Yummy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 12:36:53 AM »
i think case is an awesome school.  if they gave me that offer i would jump at it.  what type of law does you friend want to practice?  howard is more civil rights oriented. 

She's only interested in corporate law and I have no idea if Howard is the right place for her in regards to that area of practice.  Inquirer said that there are a few old posts on this board about corporate law and HUSL, so I'll get her to look those up (I've been doing all the work so far).  She's just really freaking out about that deposit.  If she can't get that back, then she's SOL.  Why exactly would you jump at the chance to go to Case?  I don't know much about the school myself and I'm curious why you'd pick it over HUSL.

on second thought--i need to study...i can really only let you know about the area... :D

Any info would be great  :), especially anything dealing with housing around Case.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2006, 12:54:38 AM »
for awhile now, i've been thinking that i want to practice ip in either cleveland or chicago.  because of this, my top three schools were notre dame, illinois and case.  these were my target schools because of their programs and proximity to my desired practice locations.  i was denied at illinois and deferred at case.  i still have a shot at notre dame (waitlisted).

why case over husl?  i love my people, but i HATE the howard administration.  ah, but that's a long story.   :-\

losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2006, 01:31:47 AM »

Also, I am famously handsome. If your friend is above an 8.5, tell her she can work on my campaign.

I've been slaving away in this cubicle!  Damn polls.  When do I get a sexy ambitious intern?!

EDIT:  Oh, and I know nothing of either school (one is in Cleveland, the other is in Africa, er, is an HBCU) but I say Howard.
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 10:09:19 AM »

Also, I am famously handsome. If your friend is above an 8.5, tell her she can work on my campaign.

I've been slaving away in this cubicle!  Damn polls.  When do I get a sexy ambitious intern?!

EDIT:  Oh, and I know nothing of either school (one is in Cleveland, the other is in Africa, er, is an HBCU) but I say Howard.

Um, dude, are you really going to oppose me in '08? The whole "I am standing next to Colin Powell" thing is fairly intimidating.
Put 'em in yo mouth!

silva

• vc n ss
    • AOL Instant Messenger - donel1921
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 11:27:14 AM »
that deposit is non-refundable...so unless she doesn't mind just letting a 500 spot slide, i'll see your friend on the HUSL in aug.
it's funny how money change a situation

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 11:55:22 AM »

Um, dude, are you really going to oppose me in '08? The whole "I am standing next to Colin Powell" thing is fairly intimidating.

Hmmm...yeah, well...didn't think about that...I'll talk to Colin and see if he's willing to drop out if I you're willing to bring me on as Veep.  I think he's hesitant about running anyway.  Make it GJ2 -- Lacoste 2008 and it's a deal.

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 01:35:33 PM »

Hmmm...yeah, well...didn't think about that...I'll talk to Colin and see if he's willing to drop out if I you're willing to bring me on as Veep.  I think he's hesitant about running anyway.  Make it GJ2 -- Lacoste 2008 and it's a deal.

Consider yourself added to the ticket. We can find another position for Mr. Powell.
Put 'em in yo mouth!

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 01:41:30 PM »
Done.  Where should we announce we're throwing our collective hat into the race?

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2006, 02:19:13 PM »
Done.  Where should we announce we're throwing our collective hat into the race?

After the Pataki/New Hampshire thing is off the radar.
Put 'em in yo mouth!