Law School Discussion

big last semester GPA drop

big last semester GPA drop
« on: May 02, 2006, 02:49:09 PM »
so, over seven semesters I had a 3.7, and now i find myself with straight B's and a 3.0.  I took harder classes and I guess I was more distracted but damn, it's not like I went crazy.  My study habits were not all that different.  Did this happen to anyone else?  do you guys think this will be a problem with a law school that's already accepted me?

Towlie

Re: big last semester GPA drop
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 02:52:07 PM »
so, over seven semesters I had a 3.7, and now i find myself with straight B's and a 3.0.  I took harder classes and I guess I was more distracted but damn, it's not like I went crazy.  My study habits were not all that different.  Did this happen to anyone else?  do you guys think this will be a problem with a law school that's already accepted me?

Dude, after seven semembers I had about a 3.85 and this semester I am getting a 2.0 (straight C's). You are not alone. (Granted, I am only taking 2 classes and I don't show up to one and don't do the work in the other..) It's called senioritus! You got it, you'll get over it. And you can still kick butt in law school.

SuzyQ06

• I spy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 02:54:15 PM »
hahaha...here!!!

I'm probably getting my first C ever, and it could even be a D...and I couldn't care less!!!

I'm in, and nothing can stop me from graduating...well, except an F.

Towlie

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 02:55:44 PM »
hahaha...here!!!

I'm probably getting my first C ever, and it could even be a D...and I couldn't care less!!!

I'm in, and nothing can stop me from graduating...well, except an F.

See, I need to C's to graduate!! If I only needed D's, I would have stopped going to classes completely a week ago.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 04:28:54 PM »
whew.  thanks, that's good to hear that i'm not the only one.  well, today was my last final.  and now- alcohol

verbal

• AOL Instant Messenger - verbaltrinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 04:52:27 PM »
yeah i blew off all my finals. i have a 3.5 gpa and will have 2B's and 3C's this semester. their was just no point in going to class or staying away from the bars after i already had been accepted to law school

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 09:29:12 PM »
Haha i think this is going to be my first 4.0 ever, for whatever reason I decided to be extra motivated

Well, I slacked off for my first 3 years and didn't really try, and then the summer after my junior year i was like "I feel like going to law school."

So i'm trying now. Evens out I guess

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »
Haha i think this is going to be my first 4.0 ever, for whatever reason I decided to be extra motivated

Well, I slacked off for my first 3 years and didn't really try, and then the summer after my junior year i was like "I feel like going to law school."

So i'm trying now. Evens out I guess

good mindset to be in for the fall. for me, this might be my lowest GPA for any semester...but not a big deal.  my schedule is "strenous" with such courses like Social Dance, Tennis, and Golf. 

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 12:40:32 AM »
I find it harder and harder to go to class.  count me in in this thread

aquafinaisbetter

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 12:42:36 AM »
I had a 3.83 going into last quarter.  last quarter I got a 3.2 and this quarter i'm banking on teachers, who are my friends, to pass me.