19 (24.4%)
+ I've been handcuffed by a cop
 6 (7.7%)
)  I've been sent to jail by a cop
 6 (7.7%)
)  I've never been sent to jail by a cop
 19 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: The police  (Read 3886 times)

Chocolate Moose

• View Profile
Re: The police
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2006, 05:32:08 PM »
Maybe it's just a night in the slammer.  Not weeks, etc.

doomkitty

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2006, 05:37:05 PM »
I find it kind of humorous that 1 in 4 respondents to a poll on a law school discussion board have been incarcerated
I dunno, lots of bad things happen to good people, and all people mess up sometimes.  Just because you screwed up once, IMHO does not make you bad person, or unfit to practice law.
Maybe the experince of being incarcerated is what inspired the 1 in 4 to practice law?  I know this amazing public defender, who was top of his class etc, and he was constantly arrested throughout his childhood, and it made him want to protect people.

I also love his other motive, which he puts so delicatly.  " I f-ing hate cops, I want to @#!* with the police"

veg

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2006, 05:42:34 PM »
I find it kind of humorous that 1 in 4 respondents to a poll on a law school discussion board have been incarcerated

*Shrugs* that's what addendums are for.

A-f-in-MEN.

spanishpolice

• Sr. Citizen
  • Oh well, there'll always be the Steelers
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »
I dunno, lots of bad things happen to good people, and all people mess up sometimes.  Just because you screwed up once, IMHO does not make you bad person, or unfit to practice law.
Maybe the experince of being incarcerated is what inspired the 1 in 4 to practice law?  I know this amazing public defender, who was top of his class etc, and he was constantly arrested throughout his childhood, and it made him want to protect people.

I also love his other motive, which he puts so delicatly.  " I f-ing hate cops, I want to @#!* with the police"

Duly noted.  Every one from George W. Bush to Nelson Mandela has been arrested, not to mention Jack Bauer just about every season.
Hutz: Mrs. Simpson, your case is just what I need to rebuild my shattered practice. Care to join me in a belt of Scotch?
Marge: It's nine o'clock in the morning.
Hutz: Yeah, but I haven't slept in days.